2nd pregnancy and baby aspirin

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: 2nd pregnancy and baby aspirin

Postby sam10 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 03:09 am

I was very scared during my subsequent pregnancy! It is a frightening journey, and not a pleasure cruise, unfortunately! Counseling helped me regulate my emotions during that time. I hope you can find ways to ease your mind. We'll be here to hold your hand along the way :D

I was on baby aspirin during my second pregnancy! I can't say though it is THE reason that I got much farther than in my first pregnancy.
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
H (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
M (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

caryn
Forum Moderator

Re: 2nd pregnancy and baby aspirin

Postby caryn » Wed Nov 18, 2015 01:42 pm

That's the new recommendation! I'm glad your docs are up on the latest. Here's a link: http://www.preeclampsia.org/women-encou ... -providers

We white-knuckle our way through these subsequent pregnancies even when everything is going well. I didn't relax until about 2w postpartum with my last.
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

la1marti

2nd pregnancy and baby aspirin

Postby la1marti » Sat Nov 14, 2015 01:31 am

Hi all! I'm Leila and I was one of 3 ladies who helped coordinate the Houston Preeclampsia Walk last year! I appreciated all the help, the advice, well wishes and so forth that this community gave me with when I was going through pree with my daughter. So incredibly grateful and blessed to be able to give back to the foundation in May.

I didn't realize how MUCH of a mental toll Pree had on me until recently.... and not that I was on denial or anything but I thought in 2012 when I had my daughter at 31 weeks, I had processed the whole thing. Apparently not, since I'm more anxious than ever! I am 10w6d along and so NOT looking forward to the potential preeclampsia in our future. I have read and researched what I know now about pree during the 2nd pregnancy and I'm not necessarily looking for advice.... just curious. I was told this morning at my ultrasound appointment that I have to start taking a low dose or baby aspirin. Just wondering if anyone else had to do the same thing? And perhaps a happier pre-e free result? Yes, I'm fishing for hope even though the odds are stacked against me, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thank you all so much ladies!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”