Pregnant!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
PremEvolve

Re: Pregnant!

Postby PremEvolve » Sat Sep 16, 2017 05:11 am

Congratulations
Great place to share everything.
best regards
Prem Evolve
Assistant at dissertation writing services in UK.

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:26 pm

Thanks for the update, glad to hear everything went well! And congrats!
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

laney_p
Forum Moderator

Postby laney_p » Wed Aug 17, 2016 05:50 pm

Congratulations!! So glad you are both doing well. <3
Director of Community Relations for the Preeclampsia Foundation
*does not provide any medical advice*
for more information, please visit www.preeclampsia.org

La Directora de las Relaciones con la Comunidad
*no ofrece consejo médico*
Se habla español
Para mas información, por favor visite: www.preeclampsia.org/es

wsara

Postby wsara » Wed Aug 17, 2016 03:10 am

A little late posting this, but Baby Girl was born May 27th at 39 weeks! I officially reached gestational hypertension pressures at that point, but no other signs of pre-e!! And no cholestasis. My induction was only 6 hours and only required a tiny amount of pitocin which eventually got turned off. After a 4-day induction on magnesium and complicated recovery with the 1st baby, this felt like a dream labor, delivery and recovery! We are all doing great!!!

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Thu May 19, 2016 07:37 pm

I'm glad to hear you have made it so far along.

You say your pressures have been trending up lately- are you monitoring your pressures at home? Do you happen to know your normal (non-pregnant) baseline is?

I can understand why you would be nervous, but I don't have any experience with anti-anxiety meds. How often are your appointments now?

If you aren't comfortable with waiting until 39 weeks for delivery, you could always ask for a referal to a MFM for a second opinion. During my second pregnancy, when my pressures starting trending up, my MFM reccomended delivery 37-38 weeks even though my OB was comfortable waiting until 39 weeks (assuming I didn't end up with preeclampsia again).
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

wsara

Postby wsara » Tue May 17, 2016 03:33 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm 37 and 4 today. The whole pregnancy my BP stayed below 120/80 (often close to this, but never above).

Over the past 1.5 week, I'm slowly creeping. My systolic are 120's-130's/mid-upper 80's diastolics.

Any advice on how to keep the panic down would be great - I'm super sensitive to seeing the increases and my anxiety goes through the roof - to the point where I had a reading of 170/100 last night in triage (I went in to make sure things were ok because I felt like I was going to pass out and got really shaky - turns out I'm pretty sure I just went too long without eating or drinking water) but being in triage totally put me in a PTSD mode and my heart rate jumped to 140 and I just could not get my body to relax. As I was able to relax, the BPs came down to 130's/80's on their own and all my labs looked good.

As long as things stay right where they are since it's not technically pre-e, my OB would like to induce at 39, sooner if things change so we can hopefully avoid the horribleness of a mag-delivery.

Did anyone use a very occasional low-dose of ativan or something else at the end of pregnancy? I hate the idea of taking anything and especially a benzo, but the high BP readings, if they are from anxiety are not healthy for baby (or me haha) and it's hard to not feel like a ticking time bomb!

Thanks so much,
Sara

MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby MomTimesThree » Sun Feb 07, 2016 06:50 am

Congratulations! I'm thankful to hear things are so far so good! I understand the nerves that come with getting up there in weeks. As I'm sure you already have, rally a great team around you and for me at least, it kept some of the edge off knowing I was in hands I trusted. I'm keeping all crossables crossed you continue to have a smooth pregnancy. Update when you're able!
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w

wsara

Pregnant!

Postby wsara » Fri Feb 05, 2016 09:43 pm

Hi everyone,
Awhile back I posted on the 'thinking about trying again' board.

Well I'm 23 weeks along! Things are going well so far but considering I'm heading into the scary zone, thought I'd get back on here.

My first pregnancy was complicated by severe preeclampsia and cholestasis of pregnancy but I delivered around 36 weeks fortunately. Very lengthy, challenging recovery afterward that I hope to avoid this time around.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Sara

Return to “Pregnant Again?”