Anyone due in January/February 2017?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
smartie

Re: Anyone due in January/February 2017?

Postby smartie » Wed Oct 12, 2016 05:10 am

Hi there! I'm due 23 Jan 2017 with my second after PE/HELPP with my first at 32+6 weeks.
When I was pregnant with my daughter a routine antenatal appointment picked up that she had stopped growing, I had high blood pressure since 25 weeks. I was admitted to hospital straight after the appointment and had a steroid injection. This was Friday afternoon and they told me that she would be delivered on Monday morning but I was to be monitored all weekend in case her health started to deteriorate.
She was born healthy at 32+6 weeks weighing a tiny 3lbs3ounces, she spent 25 days in the NICU gaining weight and learning to feed. She is 2 now and perfectly healthy. After delivery my blood pressure spiked to 200/120 and my platelets started to fall. I just remember the nurses and doctors handing me pills every 5 minutes.
I'm due now with my second and very frightened about how this pregnancy will go. Although my daughter is healthy I really don't want to spend anymore time in the NICU, I was a broken person for months after her birth and feel like I missed out gravely on the early parts of her life because of my fragile mental health.

emconant

Postby emconant » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:41 pm

HI, Im due Feb 8, so are due dates are super close. :)

I would love to share and support, Im on my third, had PE and HELLP at 20ish weeks with my first angle and HELLP at 36ish with my second a bouncing boy. Also had HELLP post birth with both. My boys birthdays are 2 days apart in November, so I hate it. Mourning one while trying to celebrate the other, I was super blessed because they almost had the same birthday. :-( I have a really hard time for Thanksgiving and we are due to host it this year.

I was just sent into a huge tail spin by a new ob, when they where going to use old out of date screening, Only testing my BP and urine monthly til 30 weeks, then every two weeks til 36 then weekly. No blood tests, the only thing that caught my HELLPs with my second. They where going to let me stay pregnant until I had the baby, not induce me at 39 weeks as suggested for women who develop PE postpartum. i was just diagnosed with PTSD from the birth of first and long hospital stay with second, and the overwhelm fear of my baby dying due to bad care. Been reaching out now looking for extra support, changed doctors, started therapy, and join a group to support high risk moms.

How are you doing? BP and other tests? From my second pregnancy a doctor said my chance of getting it, PE, so early was lower because we wait 5 years to try again. Just like you :-) We had only been married a few months when i become pregnant and they told us my body chemistry could adapt to my husbands the longer we where together, at least I remember something like that. and I made it an extra 16 weeks :P

laney_p
Forum Moderator

Postby laney_p » Wed Aug 17, 2016 05:51 pm

<3 It's so nerve-wracking facing pregnancy after preeclampsia! It definitely helps to have that support community around you. If I hear of any moms that are due in Jan/Feb, I'll definitely pop them your way!!
Director of Community Relations for the Preeclampsia Foundation
*does not provide any medical advice*
for more information, please visit www.preeclampsia.org

La Directora de las Relaciones con la Comunidad
*no ofrece consejo médico*
Se habla español
Para mas información, por favor visite: www.preeclampsia.org/es

wsara

Postby wsara » Wed Aug 17, 2016 03:23 am

I just had my second at the end of May, so while I can't be with you in terms of the timeline, I will offer advice that I wish I'd done :) The beginning of the pregnancy was all very good (aside from the nausea, fatigue and other normal joys hehe) and I was much more relaxed than I thought I'd be. My pressures started creeping at 35 weeks and the anxiety/PTSD kicked in severely - trouble sleeping, trouble focusing, all of it - I just worried worried worried about all that might happen even though we know the worry won't help.

If I could go back, I would have started counseling in the 2nd trimester to help prepare myself for the end of pregnancy. I had so much fear at the end that regular counseling may have helped me combat a bit - of course it would've still been there to some degree but I could have developed some coping strategies. Best wishes!!

dracarey

Anyone due in January/February 2017?

Postby dracarey » Fri Aug 05, 2016 03:05 pm

I'm on my second pregnancy 5 years after severe preeclampsia at 30 weeks (daughter is doing great now). I'm due on Valentine's Day and I'm really hoping to make it at least until after Christmas (34 weeks would be wonderful). I'm very anxious and definitely experiencing a resurgence of my PTSD. I'm wondering if any other women are going through another pregnancy after PE/HELLP and are due around the same time as me. If so, would you like to post updates on your pregnancy here? Perhaps we could support each other through the anxious moments and worries. I could certainly use all the support I can get. I am super anxious already at 12 weeks. My family keeps talking about how great Christmas will be (my husband and I are hosting this year) and I keep having thoughts that this could be the worst Christmas of my life if things go south.... Anyway, if you are also going through this, I promise to have positive thoughts for you instead of my negative self-talk. :)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”