Pre e with 4th baby only... Pregnant again

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
jen75

Re: Pre e with 4th baby only... Pregnant again

Postby jen75 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:56 pm

Not until 35 weeks, but I was on bed rest for two months. Since that pregnancy I have been diagnosed with Celiac disease, so I wonder if I actually had it at that time and it was active because I was eating gluten, similar to a Lupus situation with preeclampsia...

jenh

Re: Pre e with 4th baby only... Pregnant again

Postby jenh » Tue Oct 10, 2017 01:21 pm

It's unusual to have PE for the first time in a later pregnancy, but not unheard of. There are a lot of possible causes that we think contribute to getting PE, and figuring out which ones apply to which women is difficult at best. It's possible it was just bad luck and that this one will be better. Or it's possible you could get it again. Most women who get PE only get it once. Of those who get it more than once, it's usually later and milder the second time. No guarantees, of course. Either way, you should be considered high risk, monitored closely, and any symptoms taken seriously. How soon did you have to deliver your last baby?
Jen
Wife to Brett 6/30/02
Mom to Ethne Joy 10/12/03, 35 weeks, severe PE
Mom to Catie Grace 12/8/06, 37 weeks, mild PE
Mom to Riley Faith and Gavin Arthur 7/7/09, 36 weeks, PIH 22 weeks, PE 31 weeks, severe post partum PE
Mom to four angels Grace (12/15/05), Ian (7/28/08), Declan (5/23/15), and Lucy (11/24/15)

jen75

Pre e with 4th baby only... Pregnant again

Postby jen75 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:45 pm

I got preeclampsia around 26 weeks with my fourth baby. No history of it in my first 3 pregnancies. We had decided not to have anymore babies after her, but I find myself pregnant again. Has anyone experienced, or know anyone who has experienced preeclampsia as a fluke after their first pregnancy, and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy after?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”