Let's check in girls:)

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
diane_uk

Re : Let's check in girls:)

Postby diane_uk » Sat Aug 08, 637339 9:10 pm

How many weeks? Almost 30
Boy or girl? Girl - not 100% though
Names? Lucy
New worries or problems? Bad aches and pains in tummy! Feel like a time-bomb at the moment - waiting for PE to appear.
Favorite childrens book? The Magic Sky
New cravings? None - lost appetite completely over the last couple of weeks.
If you could be anything you wanted to be.. Part-time midwife
Funniest moment you've had with a child? My two year old keeps me constantly smiling...

Mum to Sadie, born 34 weeks - severe HELLP/PE
#2 due 09th June 05 - fingers crossed!

5miraclez

Postby 5miraclez » Wed Jul 29, 637339 2:26 pm

How many weeks? 13 or 14 by ultrasound
Boy or girl? looking like a girl but too early to tell
Names? none so far
New worries or problems? had to increase meds and have been bottoming out.
Favorite childrens book? Love you Forever & The Giving Tree
New cravings? fruit
If you could be anything you wanted to be... I'd be a Rich Heiress, lol
Funniest moment you've had with a child? I can't think of one specifically. My kids are constantly doing things that make me laugh

DD 4/1/00 35wks severe preeclampsia
DS 7/9/01 29wks severe preeclampsia/HELLP, placental abruption
DD 12/8/02 31wks severe preeclampsia/HELLP, polyhydramnios
DD 6/7/04 32wks severe preeclampsia
#5 due Oct. 4 2005

loril

Postby loril » Tue Jul 07, 637339 1:05 am

How many weeks? 27wks, 2days
Boy or girl? boy
Names? Torsten Willem
New worries or problems? not new, but always worrying about getting pre-e again, or breech again, or any complication, worrying about being "medicalized" again, still wishing and dreaming of that "ideal" birth experience. Trying for a VBAC, but learning to relinquish myself to "whatever happens." Meanwhile DH mentions that if it were him, he'd just plan another section....
Favorite childrens book? Sleepy Bears by Mem Fox. Love the rhymes and illustrations, my son especially likes the bear brushing his teeth in bed.
New cravings? hmmm.... My son's new craving is to be carried everywhere, must be because I want to carry him less. Actually, maybe he has the right idea - I want to be carried everywhere, too! Food cravings? Probably ice cream, apple pie, anything sweet. Used to be Mexican....
If you could be anything you wanted to be..? The same as I am now (stay-at-home mom), only without having to work/teach four evenings a week, so I could have time for hobbies.
Funniest moment you've had with a child? Lately, Espen thinks I'm a juke box or something. When it's time to put him to bed or nap, he requests song after song after song. Tonight we both broke into giggles realizing what he's up to....

-Lori

Mama to Espen, 2/7/03, 5lb 14 oz, 40 wks
induction/section due to pre-e/breech

#2 EDD 6/25/05

tawniemarie

Postby tawniemarie » Mon Jul 06, 637339 4:45 pm

How many weeks? 27!!
Boy or girl? girl
Names? Claire LaRue (Claire after my grandma and LaRue after my MIL
New worries or problems? We're past 24 weeks, which is when we lost Tyler, so I'm feeling a tad more optimistic
Favorite childrens book? The New Dog by Madeline L'Engle, it's about a snotty poodle who dislikes her owners new baby- she thinks it's a dog
New cravings? I'm just hungry all of the time, I've also been drinking a lot of milk with chocolate or that coffee syrup in it
If you could be anything you wanted to be.. A good mommy [:)]
Funniest moment you've had with a child? I've been babysitting my 2 year old nephew a lot lately, watching him with my collie is so funny! They are both 2, and Zane wears Bear out every time!!

-Tawn
Mom to Tyler Michael
3-16-04 to 3-21-04 born at 24 weeks due to severe pre-e.
Pregnant with # 2!! He or she will (I Hope) be delivered between the end of May to the begining of June.

medicmommy

Postby medicmommy » Wed Jun 24, 637339 11:38 pm

How many weeks? 26 and 5 days

Boy or Girl? Boy

Names? Zane Christian

New worries or problems? PIH and cooking this baby for another 13 weeks

Favorite children's book? Any Sandra Boynton book, especially "Moo,Baa, LaLaLa" and "Where's My Binkit?"

New cravings? strawberry twizzlers

If you could be anything you wanted to be? A neonatologist

Funnniest moment you've had with a child? My dd refusing to let my OB listen to the baby's hearbeat at my 20 week appt. Katie laid herself over my lower stomach and forcefully said "My Baby!! I had it first!"

Robin
DS Ryne 14
DS Hunter stillborn 2/8/02
DD Katie 2
Baby Zane due 06/25/05

april

Postby april » Wed Jun 24, 637339 1:41 am

How many weeks? 30

Boy or girl? Girl

Names? Hailey Autum

New worries or problems? Just hoping to not get pe again!!!!

Favorite childrens book? We help mommy

New cravings? Just meat

If you could be anything you wanted to be? A movie star would be fun.

Funniest moment you've had with a child? I can't think of one.

april(24)
dh-billy(29)
dd-Natalie 3/10/04(pasted away after 1 hr.) induced labor at 23wks and 5 days due to severe PE/HELLP

PREGNANT AGAIN DUE MAY 30, 2005

meg hanrahan

Postby meg hanrahan » Wed Jun 24, 637339 12:50 am

How many weeks? 22
Boy or girl? Still don't know!
Names? Edward for a boy. Not sure for a girl, maybe Soledad or MarisolNew worries or problems? None yet.
Favorite childrens book? Good selections everyone! I still love Goodnight Moon. And when older, the Anne of Green Gables series.
New cravings? Anything sweet.
If you could be anything you wanted to be..( I have to answer this one...On Broadway baby!!!) - a professional pastry chef or owner of an awesome breakfast joint.
Funniest moment you've had with a child? Too many to think about. But my best moment this week was coming home from Paris, France and having Isabella run into my arms, laughing and smiling because her mommy was home (I was only away for four days!)

Meg
Isabella 11/11/2002 (34 weeks, severe pe)
Katie 4/21/2004 (full term, no pe)
#3 Due 7/29/2005

megansmom

Postby megansmom » Tue Jun 23, 637339 7:55 pm

How many weeks? 18
Boy or girl? Will find out in two weeks (hopefully)
Names? Nathan James for boy; Kayla Beth or Kelsie ??? for girl
New worries or problems? the heartburn has kicked in [xx(] feeling icky these days
Favorite childrens book? Guess How Much I Love You; I Love You Anyway; and If You Pig a Pancake, If You Give a Moose a Muffin, and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
New cravings? Funyuns, pimento cheese sandwiches, and mint chocolate chip ice cream (not all together)
If you could be anything you wanted to be.. I love being Megan's mommy, just wish I was a whole lot smarter and had a whole lot more money, I will prbably never get either, so I am happy with who I am
Funniest moment you've had with a child? Lately Megan has been talking on her "cell phone" a lot, I love to hear who she's talking to and what she's talking about. It is hilarious. The other day she ordered a meal for all of us.... She also "calls" Daddy or Grandmom to tell on me when I make her mad.[:p]

~Amanda
Mama to Megan, severe PE with mild HELLP at 34 wks

Baby # 2 due August 23, 2005

caitlynsmama

Postby caitlynsmama » Tue Jun 23, 637339 4:29 pm

How many weeks? 18 weeks 2 days
Boy or girl? Will hopefully know next week on the 29th if the little * cooperates
Names? Seth Bradley for a boy and Genavieve Lorraine (Genna for short) for a girl
New worries or problems? Just swelling in my feet and ankles.
Favorite childrens book? Mother Goose
New cravings? I like putting grapes on everything? Especially salad.
If you could be anything you wanted to be.. No money problems would be nice......
Funniest moment you've had with a child? Every day with my dd is a new experience. Some funny, some nutty, some insane (oops, did I say that? :o)

Shannon Mommy to Caitlyn Elizabeth 30 weeks, 3 days born (8/26/2003) early due to PE, IUGR, HELLP syndrome, premature rupture of membranes

Currently expecting #2 EDD-8/23/05

lil_mansmomplus1

Postby lil_mansmomplus1 » Tue Jun 23, 637339 4:20 pm

How many weeks? 33 weeks
Boy or girl? Another boy!
Names? Sean Michael
New worries or problems? Just keeping that PE away
Favorite childrens book? I love you forever
New cravings? Fruit
If you could be anything you wanted to be..( I have to answer this one...On Broadway baby!!!) Enough money so that DH could stay home full time.
Funniest moment you've had with a child? That would be last night as Jack and my husband were playing and Jack walked up to my husband grabbed his head and head butted him and laughed and fell backwards on the couch. They did this over and over again and the huge belly laughs that Jack had were priceless. I love that little man of mine.

Cathy
DS Jack (7/2800) PE
Another boy due 5/22/05

Return to “Pregnant Again?”