Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Keep on Truckin'

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

Re : Keep on Truckin'

Postby lorelei » Mon Nov 28, 2005 09:03 pm

Great update! So glad that everyone is doing well.

She's a little doll!!
lorelei

Postby rachel a » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:41 pm

How absolutely precious!!! Congratulations!!
rachel a

Postby heather h » Wed Nov 30, 2005 07:48 am

She's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!!
heather h

Postby melissam » Sun Dec 04, 2005 09:02 pm

Wow, I totally missed this.

Congratulations. I am so glad to hear everyone is doing well. She is darling. Thanks for sharing. Congrats again.
melissam

Postby lucy » Thu Dec 08, 2005 05:54 am

Shes a cutie. Congratulations!!
lucy

Postby eddie_k » Mon Jan 23, 2006 02:52 pm

I just wanted to write and thank everyone again. My angel is doing great. My wife is feeling great (well like any new mother would - tired). My wife went for her follow-up visit at the MFM group and they said she might have had another abruption but they can not be sure until the pathology comes back on the placenta. Even then they might not know for sure. This would have been her second in two pregnancies. There doesn’t seem to be any signs of PE or HELLP. Does anyone know how the abruptions can hurt future pregnancies? Otherwise everyone is doing great. Molly is growing like her father. At 10 weeks she is 11 lbs; she was born at 7lb 15oz at 36 weeks. All the things my wife did (even though I thought they were weird) seem to have worked out.

After doing some research I have read the magnesium sulfate is normally not used to control contractions (my wife was given this the hospital for about 3-5 days when she had PE) but for treatment of PE. Is this true? If so it looks like the doctors knew a lot more the first time then they told us because the never mentioned PE until the last day when my wife delivered. I am so glad we switched to someone who we could be confident in.

So again thank you all for your support.
eddie_k

Postby melissam » Mon Jan 23, 2006 03:05 pm

Eddie,

I am glad to hear that things are going well for you. Thanks for the update. I don't have any answers to the abruption questions...sorry.

But regarding Mag Sulfate to help stop contractions...I have heard that many times. I have known many women who were put on mag sulfate to stop their contractions. I don't have any other information other than that...sorry. But hopefully someone else will pop in here that does know more about it.

Again, glad to hear that things are going well.
melissam

Previous

Return to Dads