Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Thinking of you this Father's Day

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

Thinking of you this Father's Day

Postby timelessbeauty » Sun Jun 18, 2006 08:41 am

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Sun Jun 18, 2006 08:41 am

Whether you are waiting for your baby to arrive, you have seen your baby come and go, or you have you children about you this day to hold, I will be thinking of you this Father's Day. We mothers are still mothers even if our child is not near us, just as you fathers are still fathers in the same way. Mothers and Fathers both serve an important role, this I learned the day my daughter lost her father. My family rallied to fill that role for her with Grandfathers and Uncles coming forward to share experiences, knowledge, and their love with her but still, it was not the same. We would still come home to the void and the wonderment of what it would be like to have a Dad. And as I have experienced the loss of a child and still had my husband to lean on, I have lost a husband and had to raise a child. I often wonder if I fill her life with enough love to compensate.

I am remarried now and I can tell you that my current DH has been able to fill that spot of father for her 10 fold, and there will always be that wonderment of what her "old daddy" was like in personality. I admit I used to be the kid that would go with her mother to pick out the tie, the can of cashews, and the card to say "I love you, Dad" and hope that said it all. Now I am widow, the wife, the mother and the kid to tell all Dads, this day is truly set aside to appreciate what you bring to a child's life. Don't underestimate it. You made the sun and the moon as far as your children are concerned. You are love and this day is to honor you.

And to remember the father my daughter once had and the friend I once shared a life with, we shall release a balloon to Heaven to tell him we still acknowledge his impact on our lives and honor him.

Thinking of you this Father's Day.

timelessbeauty

Re : Thinking of you this Father's Day

Postby lucy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 07:52 pm

by lucy (4706 Posts), Wed Jun 21, 2006 07:52 pm

Beautifully put Sue! Happy belated fathers day to all the dads.
lucy

Return to Dads