Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Here We Go Again...

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

Here We Go Again...

Postby hfwarner3 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 07:00 pm

by hfwarner3 (141 Posts), Fri Jan 05, 2007 07:00 pm

Some old thing again.

They sent my wife home from the hospital again yesterday. We were told that we should bring her back in if her BP is 160/110 or higher, she has headaches, and she has visual disturbances. Well, she was home only a few hours before those criteria were met.

This pregnancy was supposed to be different. We are using a different OB, a different MFM, a different hospital, and she is on BP meds. Well, it has been different -- they blame everything on "chronic hypertension" and dismiss the four previous PIH pregnancies. They are finding no protein in the urine and no elevated liver enzymes, so they call it chronic hypertension and send her home like nothing is wrong.

This is nuts. Once again, I have nothing to work with and am in an impossible situation. I have a wife who is seriously worried about her baby and herself (and rightly so). I have 4 young children who are freaked out every time we go back and forth to the hospital. I have doctors in the same practice contradicting each other. You have nurses and midwives who are visibly concerned and doctors who just seem to want the room turned over.

With so much miscommunication, contradiction, and misdirection, it is no wonder we have the malpractice problem that we do.
hfwarner3

Re : Here We Go Again...

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Jan 05, 2007 07:17 pm

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Fri Jan 05, 2007 07:17 pm

I do appreciate you keeping us informed as to how you all are doing as I am worried for you all as well.
timelessbeauty

Postby fiona » Fri Jan 05, 2007 07:27 pm

by fiona (5767 Posts), Fri Jan 05, 2007 07:27 pm

If Kelly comes home and meets the criteria they gave you for going back, then you just pack up the car and take her back in. I'm sorry they haven't kept her in hospital for observation, but you just have to trust your gut.
fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby alexp » Fri Jan 05, 2007 09:07 pm

by alexp (1475 Posts), Fri Jan 05, 2007 09:07 pm

Exactly what Fiona said. Just keep your eyes on the goal and keep going back in.

I am so sorry you are having to go through all this again.
alexp

Postby pplbutterfly_baby » Mon Jan 15, 2007 07:58 pm

by pplbutterfly_baby (8 Posts), Mon Jan 15, 2007 07:58 pm

im sorry about your situation. I would be scared also. In my opinion(which doesnt count for much) i would take her back to the hospital everytime her BP gets high and everytime she has the visual disturbances and headaches. I would also see about getting another doctor maybe the one you used before. It seems like to me that the doctors you have now arent meeting your expectations and that your not happy with them. If that is the case and your wife feels the same then i would switch immediatly. I switched my doctors around the 6th month because i wasnt happy with them. If your not happy with your doctor then your not going to trust them as much and its just going to make you and your wife stress more and you dont need that.
pplbutterfly_baby

Return to Dads