by gordon k (113 Posts), Wed Jan 10, 2007 09:50 pm
Hello aavam and welcome to the forum. I wish it was with a slightly less stressful topic that you were seeking advice on but, nonetheless, good to have you join us.
I guess I'd probably need a few more pieces of information to offer specific advice or suggestions, such as:
-How comfortable are you with your current medical team and the care that they are providing; are they experts in this field (perinatology, or more specifically, hypertension in pregnancy); have they clearly answered all your questions and alleviated your fears historically.
-Is it possible to seek a second opinion.
Termination, for myself and my wife, would always be the last possible option. But, it may be a truth, and necessary. However, since it is the last option I would make sure that both you and your wife are satisfied that all viable medical alternatives have been exhausted, and that you totally trust her medical team, literally, with your wife and your baby's lives.
My general suggestions would be:
-Talk to you current care provider about taking the baby to 28 weeks
-Ask your provider if they are consulting with a perinatologist (if they are NOT a perinatologist). If so, what is their recommendation?
-If you are still not comfortable with the answers you're receiving, get a second, or even third, opinion. Do your homework and find someone that you feel is qualified to help you make this decision.
Good luck and God Bless.