Finding Hope........

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

Re : Finding Hope........

Postby pplbutterfly_baby » Mon Jan 15, 2007 07:52 pm

i was in my 30th week of pregnancy(im 32 now) when i found out i have preeclampsia. my BP was 150-160 over something(cant remember) and i had about 300mg of protien in my urine. my son also has a heart arithmia and it makes his heartrate speed up to almost 300 and then lower to like 50. My doctors are monitoring very closely and they arent trying to deliver early if not needed. i know that i would be scared in her position especially since the doctors are talking about terminating the pregnancy. I believe that anything before 28 weeks they wont even try to keep alive if the baby is born. I dont understand why they are wanting to terminate. Is it the high BP or because of how small the baby is? either way i would see if there are any other options. see if you can prolong the pregnancy for as long as possible and see about steroids. my doctor is giving me steroid shots to help the baby develop faster and maybe it would work for your baby as well. I dont know that much but that is what i would do in your situation. i will keep you and your family in my prayers and remember that God wont make you go through anything that you cant handle and that there is always a reason for what is going on.
pplbutterfly_baby

Re : Finding Hope........

Postby caryn » Mon Jan 15, 2007 08:06 pm

Sid, any news? How are your wife and baby?

There are indications for immediate delivery in this disease regardless of gestational age, because either mom or baby cannot tolerate being pregnant any longer. Sometimes, despite the best efforts of a top-notch medical team, the only option is delivery -- the mother will begin to seize, her liver will rupture, blood will stop flowing to the baby and its only chance of survival will be in a NICU, etc.

I hope to hear that her situation is not so catastrophic. Please keep us posted as you have the opportunity.
caryn
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Dads