Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Am I overreacting?

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

Re : Am I overreacting?

Postby jason28 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:39 pm

Sorry it took me so long to respond with an update. I took everyone's great advice and went to the OB appointment on 2/14 ready to force the issue. Luckily, my wife's OB was on the same page and it took very little convincing that things were not going to get better.

On 2/15 my wife delivered two beautiful 5lbs+ babies by c-section. Mommy and both babies are resting comfortably and hopefully we will all go home together tomorrow. Both babies went to the NICU, but our little boy was out within an hour and eating like a champ. His sister was not so sure about the whole eating thing, but the last 48 hours have shown great improvement and she's doing well. Mom is doing wonderful, and since coming off the magnesium has been improving by leaps and bounds.

I want to thank everyone who responded with advice, it's such a scary thing to deal with the unknown, and leaning on those who have been there before is such a wonderful blessing.
jason28

Postby audrey s. » Tue Feb 19, 2008 02:56 am

Mazel tov to you all, and great news that everyone is going home together!

Please make sure your wife's doctor stays on top of her labs and blood pressure until they go back to normal. You mentioned some sort of "heart problem" -- her cardiologist should also be aware that she's had this problem and may want to do an echocardiogram to make sure her heart function has stayed within normal limits. They may want to keep up with closer surveillance following this pregnancy as well.

It's going to be hard with twins, but I know you'll make sure your wife gets all the rest she can manage so she can recover too. C-sections are major surgery, and the pre-eclampsia does take a toll (BTDT, got the t-shirt).

What a great Valentine's present! Best wishes to you all!
audrey s.

Postby klynnkopaczrn » Tue Feb 19, 2008 06:43 am

Congratulations Jason! It was nice to read that there was a happy ending to this story!
klynnkopaczrn

Postby shellbell » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:35 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
What a great result I'm sure they are beautiful and what a relief for you to have all three well.
My thoughts are with your family and I hope its a quick and speedy recovery for Mum wish her the best.
once again Congratulations.
shellbell

Postby annegarrett » Tue Feb 19, 2008 04:05 pm

Congratulations. I'm so happy things worked out well and that you have your beautiful twins.
annegarrett

Previous

Return to Dads