Need Help

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!
CaseyJohnson

Re: Need Help

Postby CaseyJohnson » Thu May 26, 2016 09:39 pm

Jordan,
My fiance was diagnosed two days ago with preeclampsia. From what I have been hearing, at 30 weeks, our baby will be well taken care of in the NICU at the hospital, and there is great success in promoting premature babes born under such circumstances.
Although I have no answers, I know that we are fully confident in the medical staff's capabilities. At 33 weeks in the pregnancy, your partner and baby will be in good hands while being closely monitored by the medical professionals.
I sympathize with your feelings 100%. We feel helpless as partners, but we can be reassuring to our counterparts if we are calm, collected, and loving. Just be there and listen to the medical consultations and be ready for deep discussion. Encourage your wife to stretch and try to keep her circulatory system running along. I hope you both and the babe are well after dealing with this new event. Best wishes and hang in there!
Casey

MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby MomTimesThree » Sun May 24, 2015 00:19 am

Jordan,

Sorry to hear you and your wife are facing complications. I'm thankful to hear that she will be monitored. If not already in the works, I would request a referral to a MFM (high risk OB) for a consultation, and like the previous poster mentioned, to be sure to know all the signs of symptoms of pre-eclampsia. A complicated pregnancy can be scary, and extra emotional for a mama, and of course for you. So be gentle with yourselves and don't be afraid to ask the same question over and over until you feel comfortable. And when in doubt, get checked out.

Keep posted as you're able.
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w

KetchupSpud

Postby KetchupSpud » Wed May 20, 2015 06:40 pm

Hi Jordan,

Sorry for what you and your wife are going through. Unfortunately, there's not much to do. Best thing is for you and your wife to read up on all of the symptoms of pre-e and HELLP (this website is a great resource) and watch out for them. Bed rest helps some people but not all. 33w seems early, and it is, but the odds are very much in your favor. Keep vigilant and let her doctors know about any symptoms or changes. Pre-e is most dangerous when it's not caught/treated, so finding it is the best news.

Good luck!
Mama to Logan Patrick (8/23/14-8/26/14) & Bryce Anthony (8/23/14-9/13/14), frateral twins born at 23w5d due to severe pre-e turning into HELLP.
Hoping for a rainbow in Sept '16.

jrsherwo

Need Help

Postby jrsherwo » Tue May 19, 2015 03:59 pm

Hello,
My wife just visited the Dr. and discovered that she has extremely high blood pressure, which is the first time in her life. They are concerned it is Preeclampsia and will monitor her urine for the next 48 hrs. She is 33 weeks pregnant. What can I do?

-Jordan

Return to “Dads”