post preeclampsia & birth control

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

Re : post preeclampsia & birth control

Postby kim » Tue Aug 31, 2004 01:46 pm

Josh,

I am not sure about the removal of the IUD, except that it just folds up and comes out. I was meaning that I would have to be pretty sure I wanted to get pg to make an appointment, and have it removed... Not as easy as "forgetting" to take a bc pill.
Anyway, I wish you the best in whatever decision you two make!!

Kim
Texas Chapter Coordinator

Ainsley 11/26/02-36 Weeks Preeclampsia
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ainsleyk/
kim

Postby sarab » Tue Aug 31, 2004 04:03 pm

Sorry, Kim, I misunderstood what you meant about the removal. Physically it's not a big deal, but you're right, mentally and emotionally, it's HUGE!

Josh, I'm so glad to hear that you guys are exploring all of your options before doing anything permanent. Who knows how you'll feel about things down the road? I guess, in a way, I got "lucky" this time around...meaning, since this pregnancy was a complete surprise (well, more of a shock), we didn't have to actually make a conscious decision to "try again". I didn't have to stress and agonize over it. Don't get me wrong, it's still stressful worrying about how everything will go this time around, but the "deed" is already done. [;)] If that makes sense...

Anyway, best of luck with your decision!

Sara, 24
Local Coordinator, Utah
Moderator, "After Your Baby is Born"

DH, Scott, 26
Maggie Lylas, 6/9/03, 29 weeks, severe pre-e
Surprise, surprise! #2 EDD March 10, 2005

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/maggielylas/
sarab
Site Admin

Postby satoripooh » Wed Sep 01, 2004 06:37 am

sorry, i misunderstood to Kim. i found all kinds of info on all the different types of BC in PDF format on the web so that i could take it all home for jenny to read. just from my quick breeze through of all of it, it looks like the copper IUD might be her only choice till she gets that BP down WITHOUT meds. maybe the doc will say different, but i can't imagine.

you women are such troopers! i've always thought that you women have to go through so much in comparison to us guys. hence why i want to do the "deed" instead of makin jenny go through all the madness of getting some contraption inserted. plus i'm one that says, "if you don't wanna wreck your car, stay on the road!". with that said, i know that the side effects of the IUD are present in VERY few cases, but still, it just seems like trading one possible problem for another. the odds seem about as good as if she were to just get preg again as apposed to things like ectopic pregnancy, future infertility, pelvic infection and so on. OK, i'm ranting. sorry!

whew! sometimes i think i need therapy for all this madness! again, you ladies are great! thanks!

josh & jenny
bryce 29wkr 3.5.04
satoripooh

Previous

Return to Dads