2nd-time Dad

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!
stevep

2nd-time Dad

Postby stevep » Sun Sep 05, 2004 04:19 pm

My wife is 37 weeks, and was hospitalised on Saturday with pre-eclampsia.
Our first daughter has just had her 2nd birthday, totally straightforward pregnancy and birth; naturally, we were hoping for the same again this time around.

I'm just trying to find out more about what we're dealing with here.
My wife's bp has been varying from /82 - /94; it's currently down to /84 after 36h in hospital. Her protein was +3, latest measure is +2.
I've been going around the nhs.uk webpages, and now I'm totally confused about the chances for both mother and baby. Not knowing what we're facing makes me more scared - it's nighttime now, and my wife phoned a few hours ago with the result that they're keeping her in hospital.
When I go back to the hospital in the morning, I've got to be her strength; can somebody give me some straight talk on what could happen from here?

??? It seems that with it being such a late time in the pregnancy, chances are better than if it was diagnosed earlier ???

Steve P.

Return to “Dads”