High-Risk OB/GYN

Do you have a burning question you just have to ask our Medical Board Experts about hypertensive pregnancies? Please email your question to expert@preeclampsia.org Keep in mind, however, that we won't be able to answer every question and our docs can't offer medical advice and won't be able to comment on specific medical cases.
User avatar
Registered User
Posts: 2525
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2003 01:58 pm
Location: Lake Stevens, Washington

Re : High-Risk OB/GYN

Postby annegarrett » Tue Apr 15, 2003 01:56 pm

We encourage all women who have had preeclampsia, eclampsia, PIH or HELLP Syndrome to seek out a pre-pregnancy consultation with a perinatologist. To find one near you who specializes in hypertensive disorders of pregnancy--check out the website for the North American Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy (nasshp.com) or the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (smfm.org) and scroll through their addresses list.


Registered User
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 01:00 pm

High-Risk OB/GYN

Postby tahoe4 » Tue Apr 15, 2003 01:05 pm

During my first pregnancy I developed severe PIH and eclampsia. My husband and I are thinking about getting pregnant again at the end of this year and I'm wondering if I should go to a high-risk OB/GYN or continue to see my current OB/GYN. My family is extremely concerned that my current doctor didn't see the signs of my condition much earlier, even though I showed no signs of preclampsia throughout my entire pregnancy until my 32 week. Please advise if I should go to a high-risk doctor and if so, do I ask for a recommendation from my current doctor? Thanks, in advance.

Return to “Ask the Experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests