Raynauds

Do you have a burning question you just have to ask our Medical Board Experts about hypertensive pregnancies? Please email your question to expert@preeclampsia.org Keep in mind, however, that we won't be able to answer every question and our docs can't offer medical advice and won't be able to comment on specific medical cases.

Raynauds

Postby expert@preeclampsia.org » Fri Jul 13, 2007 07:28 pm

I recently gave birth 6 months ago, had severe preclampsia and Help syndrome. I was hospitalized 9 days post delivery due to my BPs not controlled. I recently found out I am pregnant and want to know the chances of it happening again. I also have raynauds phenomenom. I went to see high risk OB, she did not have statistics. My main concern is dying, stroke, liver rupture, and renal failure.

Is there any research on Raynauds in particular?
expert@preeclampsia.org

Re : Raynauds

Postby expert@preeclampsia.org » Fri Jul 13, 2007 07:30 pm

Little (no) information. Medline search for the last 60 years found 5 articles. Four were not relevant and the fifith did not have an abstract. (from 1966). Raynauds is related to migrane and migraine is related to preeclampsia, There is a clear relationship of migraine to preeclampsia. If Raynauds is related it seems unlikely to be a major risk as Raynauds is not that rare in women.
expert@preeclampsia.org

Return to Ask the Experts