weakened tooth enamel?

Do you have a burning question you just have to ask our Medical Board Experts about hypertensive pregnancies? Please email your question to expert@preeclampsia.org Keep in mind, however, that we won't be able to answer every question and our docs can't offer medical advice and won't be able to comment on specific medical cases.

weakened tooth enamel?

Postby expert@preeclampsia.org » Tue Apr 22, 2008 04:56 pm

I was diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome at 22 weeks with my first pregnancy in 2006. I had early onset pre eclampsia and HELLP syndrome, and delivered a 600g little boy at 25 weeks.
I fell pregnant again with #2 in June 2007 and was immediately placed on 1 x Clexane (LW heparin) until I reached about 9 weeks. This was increased to 2 x 40mg injections Clexane for the duration of the pregnancy.
I delivered a 2.9kg healthy girl at 37.5 weeks on 26 February 2008, after sudden rise in BP 170/110 and 3+++ protein.
My question is about the side effects of the Clexane?
I am now down to one Clexane a day (I am 3 weeks post partum), however, I managed to split one tooth right down the middle in November 2007 (about 28 weeks pregnant).
I seem to have done exactly the same with a second tooth during the last week. (2 weeks post partum).
I wonder if this weakening of teeth can be attributed to the Clexane?
Thank you
expert@preeclampsia.org

Re : weakened tooth enamel?

Postby expert@preeclampsia.org » Tue Apr 22, 2008 04:56 pm

I do not know of an association.
expert@preeclampsia.org

Return to Ask the Experts