I was told that I had mild pre-e with my first pg with BP going to at highest 150/95 at times starting at 32 weeks and small intermittent amounts of protein. However, with off and on bedrest from weeks 32 - 39, baby came in week 39 -- two days before scheduled induction (scheduled due to BP slowly rising).
At birth baby was grey and listless with first Apgar 3 and then 5 and rushed immediately to NICU for eight days of antibiotics and albumin as blood volume very low and also suspected infection. (Delivering doctor brought in a horde of residents to view placenta as one side of placenta blood vessels were completely destroyed or clotted.) Baby is presently 2.5 years and doing fine.
Delivering doctor said this is not a concern to future pregnancies and would order no tests re: possible clotting disorder, etc. Currently, I am 17 weeks pregnant and being followed as low-risk pg (no issues as of yet, but uterus has been noted as measuring a bit small -- with u/s scheduled for 18.5 weeks).
I am 32 years and usually in good health with no underlying weight or BP issues.
1. Should I be doing anything else (is it too late for clotting test, heparin, baby aspirin, B vitamins) or just wait to see if BP issues arise again? (MD says slim chance of pre-e for a second pregnancy -- which seems contrary to the experiences of those posting here).
2. Was baby's poor health at birth likely a fluke or likely due to the pre-e affecting the placenta?
Thank you for any insight you may have.