At 35 weeks I had severe headaches, swollen ankles, and did not feel right. A trip to the OB indicated my BP was around 150 over 96. However, it came down to normal (124/80) after 5 min on my left side. Was put on modified bedrest at that point.
Four days later, my 24 hour urine test came back at 293, which I understand to be just below concerning. However, my BP while sitting was 170/108. I was admitted to hospital, but after 2 hours by BP was down (130s/80s), baby heart rate/stress test was fine, so I was sent home. They did indicate that my white blood cell count was slightly elevated, but were not concerned with this. I was sent home for more bedrest w/follow up in one week. I am taking another 24 hour urine analysis and will return for 2nd non-stress test this week.
My doctors have not performed an internal exam or an ultrasound. They have indicated I will not be induced until 39 weeks, unless something changes.
Although my BP stays down while on rest, it now seems to be around 145/mid to high 80s according to my at home monitor. Additionally, I have had mild diarrhea over the past week or so. I have also noticed the baby has been extra active the past few days - I'm not sure if that could indicate an issue or not. I am primarily concerned about waiting until 39 weeks to deliver and am questioning if the risk is worth it. Can/should I insist on delivering sooner?