running update

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

running update

Postby akemt » Mon Jun 20, 2005 04:13 pm

Okay, so I've started running a bit more recently. SO love it. I'm still not up to the "couch" side of my "couch to 5k" running plan, though! lol I went from running the one bit to running that small portion on both loops. Then today I decided that I'd try doing the __ on, __ off method my own way. I pushed myself some, but not a ton. I ended up getting in 8 runs of about 40-52 seconds duration in after my 5 minute warmup. Some I did after only a minute and a half of walking, and some after more like 5 minutes, but it is still a major improvement! Oh, and the short interval wasn't at the beginning either...lol Each time I start running, I can't beleive how easy it is (literally each time). It is just hard to keep it up long - my lungs have to play catch-up. I'm going to be running that 5k by next summer!!!

Okay, sorry, I had to share this with someone who wouldn't either belittle it or start giving me a bunch of "you're too fat/doing it wrong" advice. LOL I hope it doesn't sound like bragging. I just can't beleive how easy those short bursts are for couchy, chubby me.

Catherine (24), Moderator
DH Britton (28)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 wks PIH & Oligo
Lara Julianne (07/31/04) 38 wks PIH & gallbladder fun
akemt

Return to Misc