Post Reply FAQ Members Login

running update

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

running update

Postby akemt » Mon Jun 20, 2005 04:13 pm

by akemt (4961 Posts), Mon Jun 20, 2005 04:13 pm

Okay, so I've started running a bit more recently. SO love it. I'm still not up to the "couch" side of my "couch to 5k" running plan, though! lol I went from running the one bit to running that small portion on both loops. Then today I decided that I'd try doing the __ on, __ off method my own way. I pushed myself some, but not a ton. I ended up getting in 8 runs of about 40-52 seconds duration in after my 5 minute warmup. Some I did after only a minute and a half of walking, and some after more like 5 minutes, but it is still a major improvement! Oh, and the short interval wasn't at the beginning either...lol Each time I start running, I can't beleive how easy it is (literally each time). It is just hard to keep it up long - my lungs have to play catch-up. I'm going to be running that 5k by next summer!!!

Okay, sorry, I had to share this with someone who wouldn't either belittle it or start giving me a bunch of "you're too fat/doing it wrong" advice. LOL I hope it doesn't sound like bragging. I just can't beleive how easy those short bursts are for couchy, chubby me.

Catherine (24), Moderator
DH Britton (28)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 wks PIH & Oligo
Lara Julianne (07/31/04) 38 wks PIH & gallbladder fun
akemt

Return to Misc