I'm sorry and I hope I am still welcome

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

I'm sorry and I hope I am still welcome

Postby cdingmama » Wed Jun 29, 2005 06:24 am

I feel like I caused an uproar with my WARNING about sharing pictures thread. So I would like say I'm sorry and clarify a few things.

1) I admit I live in a very small town and have led a fairly sheltered life. It really had not occured to me that people that I don't want viewing pictures of my children could be. Or taking pics and posting them on their sites.

2)I posted as a warning because I know of a mom that found pictures of her babies on a site without her permission.

3)Yes I do belong to a cloth diapering support board. I use cloth diapers on my youngest son and went there to find out about the different types of cloth diapers available these days as well as to read reviews about new products available. The reason I cloth diaper is becasue my oldest was allergic to disposibles and I did not realize that was the problem until he switched to cloth training pants and he never had a rash again. While I realize that many moms have not even considered cloth for their children in this day and age there are a lot of options out there that most moms have no knowledge of. I want to make it clear that I DO NOT belong to a board that exploits children in any way. It is simply moms who choose to use cloth talking to each other for support much like you all do here on this board.

Sorry if I offended anyone it was never my intention I just thought there may be other moms like I that had not thought about the possibility of someone other than my friends viewing or using my kids pictures.

Michelle stay at home, cloth diapering Mom to:
Caleb 8/31/99 29 weeks 1 lb 7oz Severe PE emergency c-section
Luke 12/31/03 36 weeks 6 lbs PE c-section
cdingmama

Re : I'm sorry and I hope I am still welcome

Postby norlisa k » Wed Jun 29, 2005 07:02 am

Of course you are still welcome! We know that you were just trying to help, thanks for trying to watch out for us.

Looking forward to having you post more on the boards, welcome! [:)]

Norlisa (36), essential hypertension diagnosed before pregnancy, successfully treated with atenolol, NO preeclampsia antepartum. (post-partum preeclampsia)
DH, Gordon (38)
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven (9/16/02)
Twins Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 2/7 weeks, 5/26/03
norlisa k

Postby denise » Wed Jun 29, 2005 07:07 am

Michelle, you are more than welcome here. You've gone through the horrible experience of PE, and we all know how such an experience can affect a person. The thought of having our babies photos used for such a purpose is upsetting to any mom, however some of us look at the risk differently than others. Nothing wrong with that.

I look forward to reading your posts here.

-------
Denise / Co-coordinator for WI
Jason (DH)
Ariana (DD) May 2003-just shy of 35 weeks: Class 1 HELLP
Trying for Baby #2

http://hometown.aol.com/oneyodafan/DeniseHomePage.htm
denise

Postby meljoi » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:42 am

there is no need to apologize.....
you were informing us of a danger.
Please know you are welcome

Melissa Joi 32
DH Jeremy 43
mama to Peyton John 12/04/00 (severe pre-e @ 38wks)
Lucy Isabelle born 11/16/04-normal, healthy pregnancy!
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lucyisabelle/
meljoi

Postby cassie05 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:17 am

You dont need to apologize and like the others have said you are welcome here. Im glad you warned us, I never even though of something like that, so thank you.

cassie is mommy to...
stephen...severe pre-e...delivered at 27+6...1 lb 12 oz
and my sweet little angel Kaitlyn Victoria, passed before her first breath May 22nd, 2005....27 weeks 4days...blood clot, hemorage and rupture in the umbelical cord
cassie05

Postby rachel a » Wed Jun 29, 2005 02:51 pm

I second all of the other ladies...don't take any of this personally. I know that's hard.

Our administrator/moderators are looking out for the good of all members (including you) and no offense was intended toward you at all honey.

Please continue to post, we love having new friends!!

Rachel Adamson
Arkansas Coordinator

Dylan Samuel 10/04/04 @ 32 weeks (due to severe PE)
rachel a

Postby melissam » Wed Jun 29, 2005 03:28 pm

I for one am grateful that you thought enough of us to give the warning. Please do continue posting. You have been through a very horrible experience and we appreciate your support her on the forum.

Melissa - Moderator for Grief and Loss
Mom to:
Riley 2/9/2000 born at 37 weeks due to PE
Kelsi 12/30/2004 - 1/1/2005 (13 oz) born at 24 weeks due to Severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/k/kelsi2005/
melissam

Return to Misc