Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Nose Bleed and blood pressure up a bit!

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Nose Bleed and blood pressure up a bit!

Postby bethaniesmommy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 00:09 am

by bethaniesmommy (261 Posts), Mon Jul 11, 2005 00:09 am

Ok, it's time for me to get really serious about this dieting (or should I say lifestyle change). Tonight as I was driving home my nose started itching I scratched it and I thought my nose started running but it kept on so I turned the light on and my nose was bleeding!! It bled the rest of the way home (at least 10 minutes, thank heavens I had went through the drive through earlier and they gave me lots of napkins) and even took me a while to get it stopped after getting home. The only other time I ever had nose bleeds was a year and a half ago, I went to the doctor because I had several over a 2 day period. That's when I discovered I had high blood pressure (not pregnant). Then I got serious about loosing weight and my blood pressure was back to normal with no meds after loosing only about 20 pounds. So the first thing I thought tonight when my nose bled so much was to check my blood pressure and it was 128/82 that's even a little higher than it ran when I was pregnant with Elianna. Since I had her the 2 times I have taken it it was 111/68 and 108/76. So tonights reading is a bit high for me and that really scares me. I have had bad headaches a couple of times this past week, now it makes me wonder if it was because of my BP.

SO...starting now, I am getting back to being serious about loosing weight and exercising. I am glad I have this board to help keep me accountable!

Well I'm off to start some scrunches.
bethaniesmommy

Return to Misc