You would not believe the nerve of some

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
heather h

Re : You would not believe the nerve of some

Postby heather h » Sun Mar 19, 2006 08:59 pm

I'm so glad that you pursued that - that's absolutely ridiculous. Exactly like you said, even though it was just 6.00, he didnt deserve that 6.00 and that is illegal for him to take it from you without your authorization. What nerve people have. He definately shouldn't be working that kind of job if that's not what he wants to be doing. What jerks......

You go girl!!! There's so many people that probably say "oh well, it was only 6.00 - not worth going through the trouble of making a stink about it"... but think of all the people he probably does it too... I hope he gets canned... it's the only way he'll ever learn he cant get away with doing that to people.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sun Mar 19, 2006 05:54 pm

They ended up claiming a computer glitch. The owner called me at home to explain it but frankly his explanation didn't wash. Somehow a tip was charged, but the receipt was missing, and they couldn't prove it went to the server??? We ended up getting two gift certificates, one from the owner for $10 for expenses and another from the managers for $25. We also got many apologies from the owner and managers. Dh wants to go and use the certificates and I told him not for a while. Thanks for checking up on me.

christine lyn

Postby christine lyn » Sun Mar 19, 2006 01:56 pm

Sabrina,
The nerve of some people to do something like that. I'd be back at that resturant also complaining. I can't wait to hear what happens next.

annbaby3

Postby annbaby3 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 05:31 pm

Ok, this has nothing to do with the bad server.It's a tea story. My sister in law went to a fast food place, in the drive thru. She asked if their ice tea was brewed or fountain. They said they could do brewed. They gave her a cup of ice, a cup of hot water and a tea bag, IN THE DRIVE THRU. Could you imagine getting your ice tea ready like that, in the car while your driving. It makes you wonder.

keneke68

Postby keneke68 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 04:29 am

Sabrina,

What ended up happeneing? I used to work in Unemployment and I saw lots of claims with people who do this. I saw one claim one time that the customers meal was $47.00 and the customer gave the waiter a $10 dollar tip and the waiter changed it to $110. The customer just wrote 10 and nothing else no line no extra 0's no dollar sign. So the waiter just added the extra 1 and thought he had made out like a bandit. Needless to say this waiter lost his job was unemployed. Couldn't collect unemployment and the company was going after him to prosecute. Don't feel bad the waiter who did that to you deserves to lose his job.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Wed Mar 08, 2006 06:22 am

They didn't call me back last night, but she said with it being a Friday night that there were a lot of receipts to go through. I will be calling this morning to see if she found it yet.

lyndsey

Postby lyndsey » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:52 pm

That is crazy Sabrina! I was a server for several years and trust me, you don't get tables confused. Its practically impossible with the way the computers are set up. Dude just thought he'd help himself to your bank account. I'm glad you went and talked to the manager. Like you said, it wasn't that the amount was so great, but the principle of the matter, and how many people has he messed over like that. Good for you for taking a stand!

lucy

Postby lucy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:40 pm

Glad the manager listened, hopefully they will make sure it doesnt happen again.

kdreher

Postby kdreher » Tue Mar 07, 2006 07:28 pm

At least the manager listened and agreed. I doubt he was confused, he was just bitter. To bad he stinks at waiting tables. I'm on the fence regarding firing him..but he is an adult and knows better. He should at least be suspended and put on notice. I think a free dinner is in order as well. When you do go back, if he is still there, I'd make sure to NOT get him. Good for you for seeing this through.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Tue Mar 07, 2006 05:28 pm

Ok so I stopped by the restaraunt after work and spoke with the manager. She apologized profusely. She was like most people don't ever check that stuff. I had a copy of my checking account showing the debit and my receipt. She agreed that he probably added a tip on there. She said that the only way that it could be innocent was if he got the tables confused. She said that the server runs the credit card in. Then takes the slip to the customer to sign. Then they close out the table. When they close out the table is when they add the tip. I know he didn't get us confused because the other table left their credit card receipt up and they left an $8 dollar tip. Course he was doting on them the whole time and leaving us in the cold. If he had waited on us he would have gotten that from us too. Seeing that he only had two tables and the one table was closed out, she highly doubted it he got the tables confused. I told her why we didn't leave a tip. She said she understood. She told me that even if we didn't tip, he still didn't have a right to go in and add more to it. She was absolutely appalled. THE GUY WAS THERE. So she talked with me outside so he wouldn't see me, but ya know what I really didn't care if he did see me because what he did was wrong! It sounded like they had been having problems with this guy. She said that they had have other servers do this before and they were promptly terminated. I told her I would hate for anyone to lose their job, but this is stealing/fraud and if he did it to me how many others has he done it to? She is going to go back and check for the receipt in their records. She wants to see what was added to it. She said it is also the possibility that they may not find my receipt because sometimes a server will claim that they lost it. Whenever I was a server and I lost a credit card receipt, I lost the tip that went on it as well because I had nothing to back it up. So she is going to call me after dinner rush tonight and after she has had a chance to go through everything. She made a copy of my receipt and the one page from my checking account (I didn't give her the top page that had my banking info on it, just the list of debits). It will be credited back to my account, now it is a question of how to rectify the situation. I did tell her the other servers working on that side that night were fabulous. Now that I think about it, I should have given his tip to them. Dh says they should give us a free dinner for our trouble. I told him only if we pay for anything above that in cash!

Return to “Misc”