Hubby says" I spoil my kids"...

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
thw75

Re : Hubby says" I spoil my kids"...

Postby thw75 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 09:25 am

I think its a matter of what you guys are comfortable with. My husband didn't mind my toddler in bed with us, but it drove me nuts...after all day with her I wanted sleeptime with my DH. We just put her back every time and eventually she quit coming in. As for the sleeping w/ a bottle -- at my daughters 1 year check up the pedi said absolutely not to let her 'drink herself' back to sleep. So we stopped cold turkey. We let her have a sippy cup of water in her room now (she is 3), but she isn't allowed to hold it in bed -- its for a sip before lying down, then on the bookshelf.

cindergretta

Postby cindergretta » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:55 pm

Ooooh, I think your dh would have a REAL problem with me! [:D] Fortunately, MY dh doesn't! [8D] Our 11 y/o and 9 y/o sleep on the floor in our rooms in sleeping bags and our 5 y/o, 2 y/o and 1 y/o are in our bed. Our 1 y/o never learned to nurse, so I am pumping for her, but our 2 (alomost 3) y/o nurses CONSTANTLY and ALL night! [:0]

deerhart

Postby deerhart » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:23 am

LOL Alex was 2.5 years old when he gave up the bottle. He ONLY got water in it but still just had to have it (we would put just a bit of juice in it to give it a tad of flavor because our water was awful tasting). To Alex, the bottle was his security blanket, if he was sick or scared he would ask for it way wya more often then normal. Not too suprisingly he sort of did the same thing with diapers (woke up one day and declared he was done and needed underwear)

Mason was off the bottle by 10 months, but a lot of that was wanting to be more like Alex then anything else.

cdingmama

Postby cdingmama » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:41 am

I know what you mean. My kids were stubborn and I wondered many times if they would ever give up the bottle. I was worried about it so I asked my mom. She said as long at their not falling asleep with it in their mouth you should be OK. For mine is was around 18 months before they were finally ready to give it up. Kind of hoping with this third one that I can just nurse and skip the bottles all together.

jwalker327

Postby jwalker327 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 08:48 am

Well the past 2 nights I put water in the bottle teehee and she has fallen asleep w/o it so I hope this trick weens her...I need to get her off it she is 15months ugghhhhh my 1st was off at 10mons...she drink out of a cup and a sippy but at night or for a nap she wants her bottle....grrrr....but I'm gonna do the water thing and see if it works!!

cdingmama

Postby cdingmama » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:12 pm

Well I don't think your spoiling them. My 2 year old ends up in the middle of us almost everynight and I bought a cosleeper for the new baby coming in July. There only little for a short time. I don't think being in tune to your kids is considered spoiling them. I know some people think cosleeping is spoiling but if you are comfortable with it thats all that matters. I know Luke will stop coming in and getting in bed with us in the middle of the night and I think I'll miss it. Oh and the bottle in the crib thinng. Bad bad idea. My mom is a dental hygenist. Tell DH no way is that a good thing to be doing. (((HUGS))) Mama.

jwalker327

Hubby says" I spoil my kids"...

Postby jwalker327 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 09:48 am

The other night we were laying in bed and DH told me that I spoil my kids...well at the moment I asked what do you mean? He said look around our room..so I did...I found our 3yr old on the floor next to hubby our 15month old in between us and newborn next to me b/fing and her bassenet next to the bed...he said see you spoil them...our 15mon old you know what every whine or cry is and he said he knows nothing all he can do is guess...I told him I am with the kids 24/7 and I have to know these things or they'll drive me batty! And our 3yr old is in our room due to hubby...Timmy knows how to sleep in his own room. So, now I am wondering if I spoil my kids in a good way or bad way...plus he doesn't help due to the fact he won't let Trinity cry her self to sleep w/o a bottle in her crib...I am so afraid her teeth are gonna rot!! And I have addressed this with him his answer brush her teeth ughh I do morning and night but if she goes to bed w/ a bottle it doesn't matter!!!!

Return to “Misc”