Celebrities and PE/HELLP

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
baylor

Re : Celebrities and PE/HELLP

Postby baylor » Sat Dec 20, 638606 11:27 am

quote:Update: Jenna and Tito have released the names and weights of their newborn sons to Us Weekly in their latest issue. Jesse Jameson Ortiz weighed in at 4 lbs., while brother Journey Jett Ortiz was 4 lbs., 11 oz.

Originally posted March 16th: Jenna Jameson and UFC star Tito Ortiz are proud parents to twin boys, her rep confirms to Us Weekly. The former adult film star, 34, delivered her sons this morning, Monday, March 16th in Newport Beach, Calif. Despite being premature, the twins are “in very good health.”

This is from US Weekly. I read in an another article on their birth, that Jenna was in a wheelchair a while before she delivered. No mention of preclampsia though.

canuckmom

Postby canuckmom » Wed Jun 01, 638603 4:36 pm

Here's a link about another premature birth due to preeclampsia:
http://celebrity-babies.com/2009/02/10/ ... ommentform

tealou

Postby tealou » Sun May 08, 638603 2:31 pm

I vaguely remember Sherri Shepherd's son being very premature (like 25 weeks)... and so googled it but can't find any info, must've been something else.

Trista... something or other...Sutter? had HELLP - the Celebrity Baby Blog talks a fair bit about that.

I too heard the Angelina Jolie & Britney Spears rumours. I do wonder if they are between a rock and a hard place - because celebs seem to get such a hard time over their c-sections, that they just decide not to talk about it, because there are people out there who think they are just "making excuses" (all those wonderful, compassionate people who have NEVER had to deal with a high risk pregnancy and therefore feel they have the right to comment). Maybe they don't really talk about it because of that?

jgrumet

Postby jgrumet » Fri Mar 11, 638603 3:01 pm

debra messing too!

jgrumet

Postby jgrumet » Fri Nov 28, 638600 10:02 am

I just read the woman who worked for Vogue's piece of PE. Wow, I'm still crying from it. Thinking about the NICU before Aram was born was sad, but I didn't understand what the parents were going through. Now that Aram is here I cannot imagine going through that. He was in the NICU, but barely and i think I take that for granted.

jgrumet

Postby jgrumet » Fri Nov 28, 638600 9:10 am

Being in LA in addition to my husband's job...I hear a lot of celebrity news.

Supposedly Angelina Jolie had Preeclampsia with the twins. This was obviously second-hand news because she was all the way in France, but I'm sure there is truth to it. She delivered shortly after me and it kind of made me feel like less of a time-bomb knowing other people were going through it too.

Jenna Jameson...I don't know anything about her, but I hope she is being watched carefully. I hope she quits her job!.....

I remember random moments when I was on mag. I was put on it 5 minutes before delivery and I remember my delivery vividly. I asked to be on it for an extra day and they said okay. I don't remember those 2 days very well. I remember my dad flew in and my husband said I was passed out and he started to cry. I remember sweating the second night on mag and being really out of it. I also remember my husband asking when I could get off of it because he hated seeing me all drugged-out. I didn't even visit with the baby those 2 days I was so groggy.

julieb

Postby julieb » Fri Oct 03, 638600 5:37 pm

I have often wondered why you never hear of celebrities having any of these conditions. Thanks for posting this question and all of the links!

lola1971

Postby lola1971 » Thu Oct 02, 638600 7:15 pm

Great Vogue article. I appears to be a few years old...does anyone know if she ended up having another baby?

macbabyismine

Postby macbabyismine » Mon Sep 22, 638600 9:40 am

wow thanks for showing the link to the vogue story, i just read it also and cried i to could relate with the story but, once again i am grateful to have my son here with me...i too can remember most everything on mag, i also remember not understanding what was going on though and everything happening so fast. You are so healthy walking into the hospital, or at least you think you are and 3 days later delivering your baby and getting on the whirlwind of the NICU...WOW i truly feel lucky right now to have my son here with me....im going to go hold him close.

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Mon Sep 22, 638600 7:12 am

I actually know the owners of Birthday Express pretty well. Jan had a severe case with one child and then had a milder case with the subsequent (#3 and 4, I think). Nice people.

Return to “Misc”