Cloth Diapers?

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
arj

Re : Cloth Diapers?

Postby arj » Mon Jul 24, 2006 09:47 am

I started using my Fuzzi Bunz yesterday. So far, so good!

meg

Postby meg » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:44 pm

I started using cloth with Grace when she was 5 months. I WISH I had doner it soon and with all of mine! She is 21 months now and I still love my cloth! I also started with FuzziBunz and I still love them ( I have 28!) I got 12 Kissaluvs fitteds and a woll soaker, I got a handful of Rumpsters AIO's but dont care that much for them oh and I have a few Happy Hiney's and Bumgenuises. Anyway, I really love my cloth dipes. They are so soft, they are enviro friendly, no harsh chemicals on babies bottom and there are SO many cute kind now. I love them. I even have DH saying he prefers them to sposies!

lucy

Postby lucy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:01 pm

I decided to buy a few well actually my cousin bought me a few they are the wahm ones than she bought me a few of the liners I am gonna give it a try at least they will be good to have either way.

cdingmama

Postby cdingmama » Fri Jul 07, 2006 09:56 am

Allison I got your email. I had a whole email written out last night and DH accidental deleted it so I will work on it today. Just wanted to let you know I did get it and I am working on it.[:)]

arj

Postby arj » Thu Jul 06, 2006 05:43 pm

Michelle-I just e-mailed you.

cdingmama

Postby cdingmama » Thu Jul 06, 2006 04:06 pm

Well my user name says it all. CDingMama stand for cloth diapering mama. I use cloth diapers on my 2 1/2 year old (who is showing major signs of being ready to potty train just haven't done it because with new baby coming so soon I fear regression) and I am going to use cloth on the new baby who will be here on or before 7/31. In fact I am planning to take my cloth diapers to the hospital so that this baby probably will never wear a disposable.[:)]

I started with Fuzzi Bunz when Luke was about 10 days old when his cord fell off. Haven't looked back since. Didn't branch out until he was 6 months old and then I got into different types such as prefolds and fitteds. And wool diaper covers.[:X] [:p]I warn you it could become addicting. I manage to live through some of the other moms on my other message board who get really really cute stuff because I am really doing it to save money but some moms do it as a hobby.

I have to disagree with the poster who said that it is just as expensive. First off you don't need to use bleach( it actually harms the diapers and hurts baby's skin) and I have noticed no change in our electricity usage since we started using cloth diapers. We live in the country so we have a well so we are not paying a monthly water bill. That is also another reason I went with cloth. We have a dumpster we share with the in-laws and its only picked up monthly. I can't even imagine what a month of toddler and newborn sposies smell like after they bake in the sun for a month and I don't wanna know.[xx(]

There is this thing called a mini shower that you can buy to spray the pooh off into the toilet. Great invention!!! I basically change baby, throw diaper into a dry pail and then wash when I have enough for a load. Use 1/4 the amount detergent recomended on the detergent box and your good to go. Pooh dipes get sprayed into the toilet and then I run a quick cold rinse before I do the hot wash with detergent. I think its easier and cheaper to wash them than to run the 50 miles round trip to Wally world to buy sposies.

Sposies will cost you probably 2 grand at least and maybe more if your kiddo doesn't train early. You can buy an insane about of cloth diapers for that amount and use them on future kids and then sell them. I know I have saved a ton of money by using cloth on Luke and the new baby will get his diapers when he/she grows into them.

I could go on forever. I love cloth diapers. Email me if you want at mrtazwrench @ juno.com (minus the spaces)
and I can give you more info and some websites where you can get lots on info. Anyone who's interested feel free to email me about this.[:D]

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Thu Jul 06, 2006 06:57 am

I remember when my sister was a baby in 1980 and using cloth dipes. Always said no way no how for me. I remember changing her and it was a very unpleasant chore.

annbaby3

Postby annbaby3 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:55 pm

I also considered using cloth with my new little one. My husband told me that he wouldn't change a cloth diaper so that was enough to discourage me.
A friend of mine uses cloth and she swears that it helps with potty training too.

lucy

Postby lucy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 08:40 pm

I have been seriously considering cloth diapering this time around, I know if you google it theres lots of info out there. Good luck.

browncow

Postby browncow » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:24 am

All I know is that my mom used them with my sister and myself via the diaper delivery services that were big in the sixties (I and disposables both debuted in 1966) and they led to quicker potty training (apparently the cost and constant changing of two kids less than 15 months apart was a huge impetus).

Return to “Misc”