Exciting News

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
miracle3

Re : Exciting News

Postby miracle3 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 08:37 pm

Congratulations Anne!!!! How exciting!!!

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Thu Oct 19, 2006 08:24 pm

Congrats to you!!!!!!!!
Best Wishes

akemt

Postby akemt » Thu Oct 19, 2006 07:45 pm

Congratulations, Anne! I think Anne Addison sounds fabulous! [;)]

If you want an idea for where to hold the wedding, here's my vote/suggestion for the Washington area: http://www.wallacefallslodge.com/index.html

Best wishes on years of happiness and a lovely wedding when the right time and place is found,

hmoore

Postby hmoore » Thu Oct 19, 2006 07:41 pm

Anne -
Congrats! I am so happy for you!! I agree Anne Addison has a nice ring. Best wishes!!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Thu Oct 19, 2006 07:13 pm

Congratulations! It is so nice to have you around here so much. And we are nearly neighbors - I am just up the road in Marysville.

Take care!

Joy

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Thu Oct 19, 2006 07:04 pm

Anne,

Congratulations!

annegarrett

Exciting News

Postby annegarrett » Thu Oct 19, 2006 05:24 pm

I thought I would share that Steve Addison and I are officially engaged! He proposed (and I said yes, obviously) in July after dinner at Cafe Juanita in Kirkland, WA. My brother helped out by getting my ring made--it is one of the three solitaires my mother had in a ring that she left us three kids and the diamond is set in her wedding band. It is very special to me and Steve appreciated we didn't have to sell my first born to pay for it. (Suspect that at 21 Jonathan would have put up a fight anyway).

We have been dating two years and just moved to Lake Stevens, Washington, a small town 40 minutes northeast of Seattle. We bought a 1926 fixer upper (emphasis on fixer) on nearly an acre with Kokanee Creek running through it and lots of fruit trees. It has already been a project--the abandoned septic fell in and we thought it was a sink-hole until we saw the 5x6 frame of concrete walls. That was exciting! And we have been painting, sanding, painting, cleaning, moving, etc.

The wedding will be next year though we still haven't figured out when/where. ALL we know is that we are going to be having a reception in the UK for all our English friends and family (and anyone who happens to be there at that time) August 11th in Cambridge. Steve got his PhD (and BA and MA) from there and it has lots of special memories. The wedding will be happening sometime before then--obviously--possibly by Elvis in Vegas. Not entirely sure...

Life has really been good and I so appreciate the friends I have made through this work and through this website. I know this word eeked out but thought I would make it official. How do you like the sound of Anne Addison? Think it has a nice ring to it...

Take care,

Return to “Misc”