Any luck with OTC diet pills?

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
jenn
Forum Moderator

Re : Any luck with OTC diet pills?

Postby jenn » Thu Jul 26, 2007 01:51 pm

No magic pills?!
What's a "muggle" to do?!

"Ahla-Fat-be-gone-da-lay" *poof*
If only.

Thanks for helping me stay grounded.
Your all right, I never even thought of my heart- go Jenn!
I'm definatly not "dying" to be thinner. That's for sure!

I just went to put on jeans on the other day and WHAMO' no fitt-o.
Sad really.

I'm sad I didn't induce this recent poundage on myself.
If I'm gonna' be weighty I'd at least like to go down with a self inflicked Dove Bar in hand. [;)]

So I guess I'll be wearing my new swanky jeans on b-day, but just in a bigger size *insert whining here*

But I'll gladly start on more healthy road to hot pants with our weight loss buddies here.
Not to mention my closest pal called last night and said she ready to have a baby! WOO hoo! But she needs to loose a few first, so I'll even have local support.

Thank ya' chicklets!
JEnn

chubbiesmom

Postby chubbiesmom » Thu Jul 26, 2007 01:07 pm

Hi Jenn

I second everyone with, it's not a great idea. My husband and I were on the Zone diet(loved it). He of course wanted to lose more then me so he tried several diet pills/fat burners, and I didn't. Guess what?? We both ended up losing the same amount of weight (40lbs in 10 weeks, but I didn't waste the money he did. I do think they mess with your system too. Look into the zone diet at www.drsears.com. Everthing is online and you don't have to spend a penny for the info.Very well balanced program.

Michelle

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:51 am

Echoing the others... diet pills are NOT a good idea. I took them religiously (however, they were Rx diet pills) while I was in the Army (and at that time I was never more than 140)... I had a hard time keeping my weight where it should be and I often wonder if the consequences of that abuse was part of the cause for my PE... my heart was all whacked out of shape! My pulse was always elevated and consistently above 110, but my doctors could have cared less.

After Dylan, I lost over 100 pounds with diet and exercise and the occassional juice fast. With Addi it's not been as easy (I assume that's because I'm still nursing), but I didn't gain nearly as much weight with her. I run 2 miles everyday and eat lots of fruit (the fiber is awesome).

Best of luck! Maybe we should get Weight Loss Buddies back going!? Whatcha think?

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:49 pm

I have been dealing with hypertension since the birth of my daughter, so my gp referred me to a cardiologist for a checkup.

The first question the cardiologist asked me, after introducing himself, was "Have you ever taken any kind of diet pills?".

I told him no, and his immediate response was an emphatic "Good!".

And joy, how did you manage to lose an average of 10 pounds a month? That's amazing!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Wed Jul 25, 2007 08:27 pm

The thing about diet pills that always scare me is that they seem to mess with your heart - and after having pre-e I do all I can to protect mine. I have had great success with diet and exercise - I lots over 100 lbs in about 10 months. Good luck to you - you can do it, it just takes time and dedication!!

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Wed Jul 25, 2007 06:39 pm

Oooh Jenn ;-(

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how this can be any kind of a good idea. It's a bit like what we say about pe: if there was a magic pill, we'd all be a size 6.

But I do know how miserable it feels when the pounds pile up - I was 240 at my heaviest after Sacha, and a year after I started trying to shed, I'm still hovering around 185. But the quick fix has plagued me all my life and this time, it really feels as though what i'm losing, I'm losing for good (touch wood).

Maybe you could try a detox cleanse - at least you'd be putting wholesome stuff into your body - and book one of those spa wrap things for the actual day, where they suck out all the water and shrink you down a size or two (if it's good enough for movie stars.....)

jenn
Forum Moderator

Any luck with OTC diet pills?

Postby jenn » Wed Jul 25, 2007 06:19 pm

I was doing soooo good with my weight after having Nati-Bean!
Now out of now where my weight shot up and I'm crushed (hate getting older!).
My birthday is in a month and DARN it if I don't wanna' look in a new pair of spiffy jeans.
Now I'm doing my part in not muchin' junk and what not, and not being lazy... but I can't help but wonder if any diet pills out there could help me out a little.
Has anyone had any recent luck with any?

Thank ya' much!
Jenn

Return to “Misc”