Weight Loss Buddies!

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
denise

Re : Weight Loss Buddies!

Postby denise » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:49 am

Count me in.

I have been keeping track of my eating via The Daily Plate and my Junebug birth club has a group on there. We could possibly do a group like that as well if people are interested. I am using the free version and I can keep track of my food intake (all brands, restaurants, etc), weight, and exercise etc. Just a thought.

As for the lovely ladies, I am currently a 38DD. I was a 40G when I had my breast reduction over 7 years ago. Went down to a 38C, but with the kiddo's...the ladies have enlarged. I always used a regular bra under a sports bra to help minimize movement.

mrs.magdaleno

Postby mrs.magdaleno » Tue Jul 31, 2007 09:33 am

I bought the book. It starts out with phase one, which is the 2-week detox. Then onto phase 2 until you're at your goal weight and then you finish with phase 3, which you are supposed to be on for the rest of your life. The cool thing is it talks about how it is okay to "cheat" but then get back on board. I usually lose 9-11lbs during those 2 weeks. This time I'm adding exercise so hopefully it will be more. But they recommend you don't go over the two weeks because it is so strict that you will end up sabotaging yourself...which I've done many-a-time.

jmayes03

Postby jmayes03 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:26 pm

Alicia-

Where do you find the info for the south beach detox?? I'm looking for something but I just don't know what to do.

Thanks!!

mrs.magdaleno

Postby mrs.magdaleno » Mon Jul 30, 2007 05:53 pm

I also want to join...again.
I'm 5'3" and 173lbs. I've lost a total of 21 lbs since 11/06. I started playing tennis in April and I know that has helped me tremendously. I also do the South Beach diet 2-week detox every now and again to boost my metabolism.

I understand the pain and frustration of wearing a DD+ cup. I have to double up on my bras when I exercise. I'll have to buy the Enell bra. I have heard of it. I would love to lose another 40-45lbs.

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Mon Jul 30, 2007 04:39 pm

Sara,

I just sent you an email...I too have PCOS and it is no fun[:(] Glad you found it out though and best of luck to on your weight loss!!

Kara,

I definatley recommened a dietician!!! I basically cook out of a diabetic's cookbook and so far I have lost 34.5lbs and DH has lost 23lbs. It will help you out a lot, let me know if you do[:)]

sarab
Site Admin

Postby sarab » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:07 am

Oh bless you, Rachel. Thank you for starting this back up again. I've been out of town and would love to start weighing in tomorrow. Since the weigh-ins fizzled out back in March-ish (my fault, as I was getting fatter and ashamed to post!), I have gained about 12 pounds. [:0][B)]

Thankfully, it looks like it's not entirely my fault that I struggle with my weight so much. I borrowed a friend's heart moniter back in April for 2 days and got some pretty shocking results. The first day I worked out at the gym for an hour and a half (did treadmill and weights), then went about my normal routine, and burned 3100 calories total for the day. The second day I did no extra exercise, went about my normal routine and still burned just over 2400 calories. Both days I ate right around 1800 calories. With that kind of deficit I should be losing several pounds a week! I was shocked and mad. I went to my OB for my annual exam and he put me on metformin for insulin-resistant PCOS. He said it could be over 3 months before I start seeing any results and I'm now a month into the treatment. Hopefully this will give me the jump start I need. *crosses fingers*

Anyway, I look forwrad to tracking my progress, or lack thereof with you guys!

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Sat Jul 28, 2007 02:01 pm

Hmmm...dietician. That's exactly what I need since I'm pretty restricted on excercise. I'm going to make an appointment on Monday. M hubby could stand to lose some weight too, so it'll be good for both of us. :-)

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sat Jul 28, 2007 00:03 am

I have a great bra suggestion - the Enell bra. I found out about it when Oprah recommended it. I used it to run when I had 34 DD that were none too purky. It doesn't let a thing move - it is one very intense bra. I credit it is part with helping me lose over 100 lbs - it just made exercising more comfortable, and now I am down to 34 B's (and when I say B's, I am pushing it - I was even a C in high school - I am smaller in my chest then I was now), so movement isn't a big issue with me anymore. Good luck to everyone!!!

jmayes03

Postby jmayes03 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 08:24 pm

I would like to join you guys also. I have been meaning to get out and run but just can't seem to get myself to do it. I think weighing in every Tuesday and having everyone's motivation will definitely help.

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Fri Jul 27, 2007 05:46 pm

Just want to say... it's never too late to join! The more the merrier! Motivation comes in all shapes and sizes and we're happy to have you with us!!!

Return to “Misc”