Any fellow book lovers out there??

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
neslo

Re : Any fellow book lovers out there??

Postby neslo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 09:06 am

I just finished One for the Money and ordered the second book in the series! Rebecca - Let me know ho wyou like it!

rebeccac

Postby rebeccac » Wed Aug 06, 2008 02:46 pm

My library actually has the "Plum" series so I got One for the Money. I was beginning to think I would never find a book to discuss with you all!

neslo

Postby neslo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 06:28 am

Sonja - I feel the same way!

I have started reading the first Stephanie Plum book and gotten several more from the suggestions here. I've recently read Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and A Sin of Color by Sunetra Gupta. Both of those were excellent too.

I heard the Animal, Vegetable, Miracle report on NPR and was very interested - but I haven't gotten the book yet.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:16 am

I love reading through this thread for ideas. I am going to look into the Stephanie Plum series - I haven't heard of it. Lots of the other books mentioned are among my favorite books - Eat, Pray, Love; Middlesex and Life of Pi. My book club just read The Omnivores Dilema - we read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle last year and those two books have totally changed the way I think about shopping and feeding my family.

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Mon Aug 04, 2008 08:56 pm

DH just started a new job; second shift, so I will actually have time to read again!!! I started Eat Pray Love this weekend. I LOVE IT!

emersons mom

Postby emersons mom » Tue Jul 29, 2008 05:26 pm

ok i have read through 8 of the plum series..count me in there too....anyone else read Obsession, Deceit and Really Dark Chocolate by Kyra Davis? and just picked up another NPR recommendation today at the library called Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver, I have read some of her other books and liked her style, this book is about how her family spent a year trying to only eat food grown in their area, growing a garden as well as learning what was locally available, so I am starting to read it today since my local-read-very small town library, is still waiting for my copy of how to cook a wolf to appear from the main branch 120 miles away!

neslo

Postby neslo » Tue Jul 22, 2008 06:24 am

OK - There's our third book!

jenanderson

Postby jenanderson » Tue Jul 22, 2008 03:48 am

def start with one for the money. I read it a couple of years ago, but am still up for a discussion on all of them. I think you can talk about them after you've read 1 or 14. Love this series! I'm on 14 right now

jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby jenndola » Tue Jul 22, 2008 02:15 am

You definitely need to start with One for the Money. I can't imagine reading them out of order. Re-reading the Stephanie Plum series would never be boring!

neslo

Postby neslo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 01:01 pm

Alice - I'd prefer to start a series from the beginning - but I don't want to bore anyone whose already read all of these. I ordered the first one. I hope it gets here one day this week.

Any other book suggestions are always welcome! I love to hear about what other people are reading. It inspires me to read more diverse things than I would normally select.

Return to “Misc”