BITTER cold....

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
jenanderson

Re : BITTER cold....

Postby jenanderson » Mon Aug 18, 638600 12:44 pm

Kara, I'll put you in my suitcase and we'll go drink on the beach! I still haven't come up with a solution to the neck deal. So I tried a turte neck today and she flipped out, screaming her head off it's tight, it's tight, too too tight!!! Then she promptly stretched the crap out of the neck before she finally got it off. Sweatshirts with high tight necks she stretched out or as I'm putting them on she's pulling them off just as fast. I give up, she's just gonna have a cold neck and there is nothing I can do about it. A's Mother, who thinks I am an incompetant fool insists I'm just not going about it the right way. So finally I said, here you try! She had an absolute melt down in the middle of a store and started throwing things all over the place! Is it bad that I find this absolutely hysterical? If nothing else I will have that small victory (that is what it is for me!) to get me through for a while!
Kara email me some time, love to network!

tracym

Postby tracym » Wed Aug 06, 638600 12:35 pm

Wow.

It was 110 this time last week. Today is supposed to be 85. But, it is summer here :)

That being said, the coldest daytime temp we've ever had that I remember was 39. I can't imagine being able to do anything when it's much colder than that. Although I would like to experience snow just once in my lifetime.

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Mon Jul 14, 638600 3:42 am

Jen, You are ROCKIN the Real Estate this year! Good for you girl! We should chat offline about networking and stuff!

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Sun Jul 13, 638600 9:03 pm

Jen- Can I hide in your suitcase if you go to Florida????? I don't have an answer to DD's neck issues:) Arianna went through a stage where she would only wear dresses, subzero weather or not. Luckily, leggings were in at the time, and she was ok with those. No tights, though.

Maybe turtlenecks or high neck shirts? Or the hoods that kind of snap at the neck? Sounds like we should enjoy the next couple days because double digit below zero is heading this way for the weekend....

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Sun Jul 13, 638600 6:25 pm

I agree - if it is cold, may as well have snow! At least w/ snow you can do fun recreation.

I can do -10, but I don't think I'm "rugged" enough for -35. Burrrrrr.... Kara wins.

We're back up to teens and twenties this week.

jenanderson

Postby jenanderson » Mon Jun 09, 638600 8:20 pm

Kara, hey I've got 5 properties trying to close before the end of this month. If they all do I just might be going to Florida for a long weekend! I cannot handle one more fight with my DD about why we have to zip our jackets up all the way. She wants to keep her neck exposed because she has a freak thing about it being too tight!
OK, so how do I explain to a 3 year old why we need to zip up all the way? Anyone that has any idea, that I haven't tried 18 times already? I am willing to try anything in an attempt to keep her from frostbitten neck bones! Oh yeah, and don't even think about anything scarflike, it ain't happenin here! We met my MIL to be at Cabella's today, mostly because it's like the zoo only the animals don't hide (and it's warm) and she told DD to pick out any scarf she liked and she would buy it for her. Sydney ran away screaming about it being too tight, too tight...you get the picture if you have a toddler I'm sure...Done...

christine lyn

Postby christine lyn » Mon Jun 09, 638600 7:02 pm

Well it was -3 this morning here in Ct. my car started slow, got worried there for a moment. Just glad there is no wind to go with it.

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Mon Jun 09, 638600 10:45 am

Well, Laura...Alaska, you by far will always win any "coldness awards". We were -35 without windchill, but I do believe temps are on the rise. Yippee! We did go out today, but only because we had to go see a fellow PF member at a local hospital. No PE...instead PTL at 29 weeks. ACK! She's still pregnant and probably will go home tomorrow on bedrest. Hopefully she will be joining our bedrest group online soon.

Anyway, real estate is CHEAP in Florida, and interest rates are awesome, so NOW owuld be the time to move. Unfortunately, no one has money because of the economy, and no one is hiring because of...you guessed it....the economy. So in Wis-freakin-consin we will stay.

hols537

Postby hols537 » Mon Jun 09, 638600 6:28 am

You're all making me sad that we never get snow here in northern Virginia. Somehow the cold is easier to take when there's snow on the ground.

haileysmom

Postby haileysmom » Mon Jun 09, 638600 4:40 am

Great list Amber! Way to stay positive ;) Hailey looooves playing in the snow and sleding down our neighbor's hill. Once the temp warms up and the snow becomes easier to pack, we're going out to make Frosty. She can't wait!!

Return to “Misc”