Look out Casey is starting Kindergarten YIKES

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
surefoott

Re : Look out Casey is starting Kindergarten YIKES

Postby surefoott » Tue May 12, 2009 08:47 am

How exciting! My kids all loved Kindergarten; they felt so proud starting school. My son actually started K at 4, he has an October bday and the cutoff was December 1. We tried it, and he did wonderfully and loved it and did well every year thereafter! My girls had both turned 5 by first day. I think you will all enjoy it!

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Mon May 11, 2009 07:43 pm

I've never had someone in Kindergarten - YIKES here too! My oldest starts this fall & my 2nd starts the year after. Double wammy!

Great that he's ready for being so young - and who needs to skip anyway right? My oldest's b-day is Nov. 6 so she's been ready for months. When she turned 5 she was quite sad to find out she couldn't start kinder the next day. :(

denise

Postby denise » Sat May 09, 2009 10:18 am

What?!?! Kindergarten already? Wow! Enjoy the summer before school starts. You'll both do great. ;-)

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Sat May 09, 2009 09:32 am

OMG! Where does the time go?! Seriously!!
Congrats mama and Casey!!
Ah you'll do fine T! It's like hopping on a bike after a long time - you don't forget ;o)
But do take notes.. I'll need someone to hold me up next year when Tali goes. *gasp!*

Best wishes and lots of love, Jenn

angelkat

Look out Casey is starting Kindergarten YIKES

Postby angelkat » Fri May 08, 2009 10:31 pm

We have a great program in our town with testing kindergarten etc. Since Casey birthday is 1 day before the cut off they spent extra time with him to see if he was "ready" for the big change. He's lacking in Gross Motor skills (he can't skip! - must take after his father) but scored above average on everything else. I ask if he should go to to the summer program just to prepare him for the huge change and they said nope! he's good.

I haven't had someone in kindergarten in 11 years YIKES!

Return to “Misc”