Books?

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
halo79rn

Re : Books?

Postby halo79rn » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:28 pm

The Time Traveler's Wife is awesome. I read it a few years ago..it's coming out in the theaters next month. I'm debating if I want to see it.. the book is just so good.

julieb

Postby julieb » Thu Jul 23, 2009 04:15 pm

Sara Gruen in a great author, she wrote Water For Elephants but I have read everything she has written and they are all great. I also love Jodi Piccoult and have never read one of her books that I didn't like. Jennifer Weiner is a good chick lit author, she wrote In Her Shoes. Nicholas Sparks is good too! I recently read Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand and loved it. Great thread, I will be checking back for more suggestions! :)

jsu_work

Postby jsu_work » Thu Jul 23, 2009 09:09 am

Has anyone read the Book Thief by Markus Zusak? It kept my interest I'm happy to say

brooklynsmom

Postby brooklynsmom » Sat Jul 18, 2009 02:20 pm

I love Jodi Picoults books! Well, her latest ones anyway, those are the ones that I have read...I am going to write some of these books down, too! Great thread!

jmom08

Postby jmom08 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 am

I am so excited about this thread! =)
My favorite book I've read recently is A Golden Age by Tahmima Anam. It's a fairly serious book but was well worth it. The main character is a mother, and it's set during the Bangladesh war for independence.
I also recently got into reading Anne Lamott. I love her!

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:13 am

I just read Wednesday Sisters. It was really great - surprisingly as I randomly picked it up at Target. It's about 5 women in the 60s who form a friendship around their writing group. It deals a lot with life for women in the 60s and their identity as wives, moms and beyond.

neslo

Postby neslo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 09:49 am

Alanna - I will read just about anything except horror. I'm currently about 3/4 of the way through Fearless Fourteen (I'm cheap - I wait for the paperback...). I like a lot of chic lit books - but some serious ones too. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for - just something new and interesting!

Barbara - I' think I've read all of Margaret Atwood's books too! But I haven't read anything by either of the other two authors. I'll have to try something by them.

raspbeari

Postby raspbeari » Wed Jul 15, 2009 07:43 pm

I just thought of this other fun mystery writer that I like. Ann George - she wrote books like Murder Boogies with Elvis. She is one of my favorite authors.

raspbeari

Postby raspbeari » Wed Jul 15, 2009 07:32 pm

What kind do you like? Are you in the mood for more serious reading? I like mysteries, Sue Grafton ones I think are light read and not bad. I'm reading a lot of history books, some of which take some work to read through, though I'm liking them, I read Isaac's Storm and liked that one about the hurricane in Galveston over 100 years ago.
I'm a huge reader but tend to generally like the books that aren't necessarily on the best seller list.
I like all of Margaret Atwood's books. Sara Paretsky and Maeve Binchy are some of my other favorite authors.

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Wed Jul 15, 2009 06:02 pm

What kind of books do you like?

I just finished the latest installment in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich; the series is funny and lighthearted. I also recently enjoyed The Secret Life of Bees.

Return to “Misc”