had a bad dream

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

had a bad dream

Postby joannek » Fri Aug 07, 2009 07:07 am

I woke up at 4:30 this morning out of a dream where the doctors told me they had to deliver. I am only 21 weeks, and I kept saying over and over "21 weekers don't make it." The doctor was explaining to me why it had to happen, but I wasn't hearing anything he was saying because I just kept thinking about my little baby girl and how I was going to lose her.

It made me feel better to feel her kicking around in me while I lay there in bed after I woke up. I will be so relieved after this pregnancy is over (hopefully without incident)

I don't know how you ladies out there who go through more than one subsequent pregnancy after PE/HELLP do it. This is SOOO not fun.
joannek

Re : had a bad dream

Postby sonja » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:34 am

I had the most vivid dreams while pregnant - in one my baby was in an actual egg and being careless I dropped the egg and it cracked open - this obviously didn't happen, but it was unnerving none the less.

Take care.
sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby hannahsmom » Wed Aug 12, 2009 00:35 am

Hi, Joanne -

I dreamt last night that I delivered at 24 weeks and they were worried because preemie boys don't do as well as preemie girls. I woke up and my heart felt like it was about to beat out of my chest. Hang in there. We'll get through it :)
hannahsmom

Postby love_the_daschies » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Oh I am so sorry you had such a crappy dream. Hopefully it was just your worries showing - for instance I had a very vivid dream last night I screwed up an assay at work today and got banned from doing them again!! I was worried because it's a new technique but today was great so it wasn't prophetic!

I know, bad comparison, who cares about being fired when our babies are what we are worried about - but it's nice when those vivid dreams DON"T come true.
love_the_daschies

Return to Misc