Post Reply FAQ Members Login

People Magazine Embryo Mix Up

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

People Magazine Embryo Mix Up

Postby mellybute » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:16 am

by mellybute (425 Posts), Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:16 am

I wasn't sure where to post this, so here goes. I was reading my current People mag last night (Oct. 5, 2009) regarding the embryo mix up and fertility clinic error. Carolyn Savage is the lady that is carrying the baby whose embyros were mistakingly implanted. She has 3 children ages 15, 12, 1 1/2 and this last attempt was her last chance at one more pregnancy. They are watching this pregnancy closely because Carolyn gave birth to her second child 10 weeks early due to HELLP syndrome, a rare variant of pre-eclampsia (the mag says). She then endured 3 miscarriages and IVF before having the 1 1/2 year old. It goes on to say that they have contacted a gestational carrier because she has been told by her doctor that her body cannot safely handle another pregnancy.

The situation is obviously a difficult one and luckily both families seem to be of moral integrity.

I wanted to post about it because HELLP & PE were mentioned and I found that so interesting. I don't know if before I suffered from severe PE that it would have ever stood out to me or if I would have even noticed that part, but WOW it seems now everywhere I turn I am seeing more and more, but perhaps that's because I am looking too.

~melissa
mellybute

Return to Misc