Post Reply FAQ Members Login

I am a survivor!

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

I am a survivor!

Postby atvlady » Thu Oct 22, 2009 05:22 pm

by atvlady (1000 Posts), Thu Oct 22, 2009 05:22 pm

Ok ladies. I write this article for each of us. If you are a survivor of pre-e, HELLP, PIH or eclampsia, please put your name (if you want or whatever..initials etc), gestational age at diagnosis and birth and if your pregnancy had a good outcome. We are survivors!

Delissa
signs of pre-e at 16 weeks, signs of HELLP at 18 and delivered at 20 weeks. Darren, our daughter, lived an hour and 20 minutes! What a fighter with no lungs!
My final diagnosis was severe pre-e, severe PIH and severe HELLP. I was gave an hour to live if I didn't deliver. I am LUCKY to be alive!
atvlady

Re : I am a survivor!

Postby mellybute » Thu Oct 22, 2009 09:46 pm

by mellybute (425 Posts), Thu Oct 22, 2009 09:46 pm

Melissa
signs of pre-e that are also considered "normal" pregnancy issues but I did NOT have in my first uncomplicated pregnancy started at the very beginning of pregnancy: overall feeling of something "off" and not right from the get go, bad bad headaches in the first trimester, ridiculous over the top swelling starting around 20 weeks, saw silver floaters in the shower last trimester, diagnosed with mild PE upon admittance into the hospital with elevated bp for the first time in the pregnancy at week 37, c-section next morning (mag 24 hrs), HEALTHY 8.2 LBS. BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY, admitted back into ICU 5 days pp with sky high bp 180ish/110ish, (mag 24 hrs) URQ pain, elevated liver enzymes, kidney pain, & BAD BAD headache, in ICU 4 more days, also first time any spilling of protein was during ICU stay, obviously severe pp pre-e

Realize how lucky me & my baby are, but still HATE PE, PIH, HELLP, and like Delissa wish I could find it and kick it's you know what!
mellybute

Re : I am a survivor!

Postby atvlady » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:10 pm

by atvlady (1000 Posts), Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Heya Melissa ;) Yep....ALL of my pre-e symptoms were passed off as part of pregnancy. I even had blood in my urine and culture said no colonization of elevated bacteria was found...and at the bottom of page with stars beside it....****NOTIFY PATIENT***** in big bold letters....the dr dated it and initialed it and to this day NOONE has called to give me that result! My next pregnancies....I am on top of but I think my new OB is going to be ahead of me :)

I think I am going to make me a wanted poster for pre-e LOL the reward would be lives saved, better pregnancy outcomes and babies are more apt to be delivered at full term and no long term physical and mental affects on mom :)
atvlady

Return to Misc