Grey's Anatomy

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Grey's Anatomy

Postby jend01 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 09:49 am

So, I decided to watch last night, I haven't been watching lately because it seemed to hit too close to home with me for a while. Of course last night's episode had me crying by the end. All of the PEDS and NICU made me very emotional. I wanted to go get Eian out of his crib and put him in bed with me to cuddle all night. :)

I was able to watch the whole episode without thinking that I had a new condition though, LOL.
jend01

Re : Grey's Anatomy

Postby jgrumet » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:13 am

LOL...I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I had to stop watching ER and Mystery Diagnosis because I ended up with a new disease every time I watched it.

Ironically, when I was pregnant I would avoid watching "A baby story" because the thought of vaginal birth scared me. I opted to watch "babies, special delivery" because all those women were high-risk and I remember telling my sister "I like watching this because none of this will happen to me"- HAH, they dealt a lot of the time with Preeclamptics.
jgrumet

Postby fiona » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:06 am

Jennifer, I saw it. Jay was a 30-weeker, which really triggered my emotions. It's amazing how quickly you can find yourself back in that NICU - Jay turned 11 this week and I was still bawling.
fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby hannahsmom » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:46 am

I saw it too! When they said the baby was too early to make it at 30 weeks, I was kind of surprised. But the kangaroo care was just so sweet. I'm already emotional and I cried through the entire show :)
hannahsmom

Postby love_the_daschies » Fri Nov 06, 2009 01:10 pm

I cried a lot too! I did hate how they said 30 weeks was too early to make it - I was like NO IT'S NOT!!! It's one of my goals darn you...

But alex and the kangaroo care brought me to tears :)
love_the_daschies

Postby jgrumet » Fri Nov 06, 2009 01:44 pm

they said 30 weekers don't make it?? Umm...yeah they do. Their chance or survival is great.
jgrumet

Postby jamilyn » Fri Nov 06, 2009 02:35 pm

Im with you guys when I heard them say the 30 weeker wasnt going to be strong enough to make it I was like yes they do, well wishful thinking. I know every baby is different but the fact the drs are trying to get me to even 25 weeks at this point hearing them say that was the last thing I wanted to hear. If I made it to 30 weeks I would be the happiest girl in the world and I know my Drs would be in heaven with that as well.
jamilyn

Postby fiona » Fri Nov 06, 2009 02:58 pm

I winced at that comment, too. But at the same time they threw that out, they then took a baby that was needing help to breathe off support and she thrived just by kangaroo care - which appeared just as nonsensical to me remembering how much help Jay needed on cPap and tube feeding etc...

But for once I think they got the physical appearance of a 30-weeker right - so often these shows present these plump, pink babies and try and pass them off as preemies.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Fri Nov 06, 2009 04:25 pm

Fiona,

I thought the same thing about the appearance of the baby. I know I've forgotten what my 31 week severe iugr baby really looked like. It was a startling reminder. Inwas wondering why, and by who's permission they were taking the baby off breathing support especialy since her mom was having a seizure at the time!!

Oh yeah, and where the heck was the neonatologist?? A surgical resident was making decisions for a preemie?
kara
Forum Moderator

Return to Misc