Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Grey's Anatomy

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Grey's Anatomy

Postby jend01 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 09:49 am

So, I decided to watch last night, I haven't been watching lately because it seemed to hit too close to home with me for a while. Of course last night's episode had me crying by the end. All of the PEDS and NICU made me very emotional. I wanted to go get Eian out of his crib and put him in bed with me to cuddle all night. :)

I was able to watch the whole episode without thinking that I had a new condition though, LOL.
jend01

Re : Grey's Anatomy

Postby jgrumet » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:13 am

LOL...I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I had to stop watching ER and Mystery Diagnosis because I ended up with a new disease every time I watched it.

Ironically, when I was pregnant I would avoid watching "A baby story" because the thought of vaginal birth scared me. I opted to watch "babies, special delivery" because all those women were high-risk and I remember telling my sister "I like watching this because none of this will happen to me"- HAH, they dealt a lot of the time with Preeclamptics.
jgrumet

Postby fiona » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:06 am

Jennifer, I saw it. Jay was a 30-weeker, which really triggered my emotions. It's amazing how quickly you can find yourself back in that NICU - Jay turned 11 this week and I was still bawling.
fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby hannahsmom » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:46 am

I saw it too! When they said the baby was too early to make it at 30 weeks, I was kind of surprised. But the kangaroo care was just so sweet. I'm already emotional and I cried through the entire show :)
hannahsmom

Postby love_the_daschies » Fri Nov 06, 2009 01:10 pm

I cried a lot too! I did hate how they said 30 weeks was too early to make it - I was like NO IT'S NOT!!! It's one of my goals darn you...

But alex and the kangaroo care brought me to tears :)
love_the_daschies

Postby jgrumet » Fri Nov 06, 2009 01:44 pm

they said 30 weekers don't make it?? Umm...yeah they do. Their chance or survival is great.
jgrumet

Postby jamilyn » Fri Nov 06, 2009 02:35 pm

Im with you guys when I heard them say the 30 weeker wasnt going to be strong enough to make it I was like yes they do, well wishful thinking. I know every baby is different but the fact the drs are trying to get me to even 25 weeks at this point hearing them say that was the last thing I wanted to hear. If I made it to 30 weeks I would be the happiest girl in the world and I know my Drs would be in heaven with that as well.
jamilyn

Postby fiona » Fri Nov 06, 2009 02:58 pm

I winced at that comment, too. But at the same time they threw that out, they then took a baby that was needing help to breathe off support and she thrived just by kangaroo care - which appeared just as nonsensical to me remembering how much help Jay needed on cPap and tube feeding etc...

But for once I think they got the physical appearance of a 30-weeker right - so often these shows present these plump, pink babies and try and pass them off as preemies.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Fri Nov 06, 2009 04:25 pm

Fiona,

I thought the same thing about the appearance of the baby. I know I've forgotten what my 31 week severe iugr baby really looked like. It was a startling reminder. Inwas wondering why, and by who's permission they were taking the baby off breathing support especialy since her mom was having a seizure at the time!!

Oh yeah, and where the heck was the neonatologist?? A surgical resident was making decisions for a preemie?
kara
Forum Moderator

Return to Misc