Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Weight Loss Buddies

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Weight Loss Buddies

Postby kara » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:42 am

Ok gals, I've seen a decent amount of posts regarding weight loss. And since I learned at the Patient Symposium that losing weight was the one best ways we, as PE survivors, could hands-on improve our odds in pregnancy, and with our high risk of cardiovascular disease in later life, I thought we would resurrect our WLB group!

We will weigh in Tuesday's starting this week!
Highest weight
Current weight
Weight lost/gained in the previous week
what you are doing (excercise, food/diets, etc)
challenges or victories for the week

Everyone is welcome to join, whether your are loosing, or maintaining.
kara
Forum Moderator

Re : Weight Loss Buddies

Postby denise » Sat Nov 07, 2009 09:47 pm

Count me in. I've gained back the weight I lost earlier this year. :-(
denise

Postby amandaoasis » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Ok, count me in as well. I have been "trying" to lose weight for a bit now without much success. We are starting TTC this month, but I will just keep my exercise up and improve my eating and see what happens. I won't be totally committed at this point though!
amandaoasis

Postby trish » Sun Nov 08, 2009 00:53 am

Oh me - I've GOT to lose weight!! I was doing *so* good in early 2007 & was exercising, working with a trainer & had lost 12 lbs to be back to where I was before babies - and then I found out I was pregnant with Ali. I'm now 20 lbs over where I was when I got pregnant with her - UGH!!! And I was still almost 20 lbs too heavy back then. I've never been this big not pregnant!!!

I am really hoping that if I lose weight & get in shape I'll feel better & maybe even be able to get off of 1 of my 3 BP meds (or at least cut back my doses). I only needed one small dose of 1 BP med before this last pregnancy & now I need 2 highest doses & one medium dose. And I'm 40 now. I have to be old but I don't have to be fat too!!! ;)
trish
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Sun Nov 08, 2009 02:32 pm

Oh, I forgot, post your height if you want in your weigh ins. I was doing well with shedding the weight, but I have fallen off the wagon. I stress eat. Selling the house, moving cross country, etc, etc, and Ive put back on a few-probably 7 lbs....but I'll find out on Tuesday.

I'll post first to get us started. The WLB group has really kept me accountable in the past.
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby ckthomas05 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 09:18 am

I'm in!
ckthomas05

Postby annes » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:28 am

I'm in, if you promise to be nice ;)!
annes
Forum Moderator

Postby bkanglin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 04:18 pm

I'm in! I have been struggling to lose some weight and I think this just might be the push I need to get back into an exercise routine.
bkanglin

Postby babyemsmom » Mon Nov 09, 2009 04:36 pm

I'm in too! I am horrible at dieting though...but since I will have you ladies to answer to, maybe I will do better :)
babyemsmom

Postby kara » Mon Nov 09, 2009 04:43 pm

And just so everyone knows, you don't have to be on any particular diet, or even food restriction, or any particular excercise program. It's really just a group where you can stay accountable to whatever it is you want to do to be healthy. I however, need to loose some poundage!! :-))
kara
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Misc