Weight Loss Buddies

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Weight Loss Buddies

Postby kara » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:42 am

Ok gals, I've seen a decent amount of posts regarding weight loss. And since I learned at the Patient Symposium that losing weight was the one best ways we, as PE survivors, could hands-on improve our odds in pregnancy, and with our high risk of cardiovascular disease in later life, I thought we would resurrect our WLB group!

We will weigh in Tuesday's starting this week!
Highest weight
Current weight
Weight lost/gained in the previous week
what you are doing (excercise, food/diets, etc)
challenges or victories for the week

Everyone is welcome to join, whether your are loosing, or maintaining.
kara
Forum Moderator

Re : Weight Loss Buddies

Postby denise » Sat Nov 07, 2009 09:47 pm

Count me in. I've gained back the weight I lost earlier this year. :-(
denise

Postby amandaoasis » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Ok, count me in as well. I have been "trying" to lose weight for a bit now without much success. We are starting TTC this month, but I will just keep my exercise up and improve my eating and see what happens. I won't be totally committed at this point though!
amandaoasis

Postby trish » Sun Nov 08, 2009 00:53 am

Oh me - I've GOT to lose weight!! I was doing *so* good in early 2007 & was exercising, working with a trainer & had lost 12 lbs to be back to where I was before babies - and then I found out I was pregnant with Ali. I'm now 20 lbs over where I was when I got pregnant with her - UGH!!! And I was still almost 20 lbs too heavy back then. I've never been this big not pregnant!!!

I am really hoping that if I lose weight & get in shape I'll feel better & maybe even be able to get off of 1 of my 3 BP meds (or at least cut back my doses). I only needed one small dose of 1 BP med before this last pregnancy & now I need 2 highest doses & one medium dose. And I'm 40 now. I have to be old but I don't have to be fat too!!! ;)
trish
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Sun Nov 08, 2009 02:32 pm

Oh, I forgot, post your height if you want in your weigh ins. I was doing well with shedding the weight, but I have fallen off the wagon. I stress eat. Selling the house, moving cross country, etc, etc, and Ive put back on a few-probably 7 lbs....but I'll find out on Tuesday.

I'll post first to get us started. The WLB group has really kept me accountable in the past.
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby ckthomas05 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 09:18 am

I'm in!
ckthomas05

Postby annes » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:28 am

I'm in, if you promise to be nice ;)!
annes
Forum Moderator

Postby bkanglin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 04:18 pm

I'm in! I have been struggling to lose some weight and I think this just might be the push I need to get back into an exercise routine.
bkanglin

Postby babyemsmom » Mon Nov 09, 2009 04:36 pm

I'm in too! I am horrible at dieting though...but since I will have you ladies to answer to, maybe I will do better :)
babyemsmom

Postby kara » Mon Nov 09, 2009 04:43 pm

And just so everyone knows, you don't have to be on any particular diet, or even food restriction, or any particular excercise program. It's really just a group where you can stay accountable to whatever it is you want to do to be healthy. I however, need to loose some poundage!! :-))
kara
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Misc