Michelle Duggar emergency c-section

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Michelle Duggar emergency c-section

Postby beetkvass » Fri Dec 11, 2009 09:13 am

It was for preeclampsia.

<<I just got an update from Teresa, who just got off the phone with Jim Bob. (For those who have watched their show, Teresa is the midwife that taught the childbirth classes and delivered Josh and Anna's baby. We are in the same homeschool group here in NWA.) Baby Girl Duggar was born just before 6:30 PM. Teresa was not sure how to spell her name and didn't want to make an attempt. : ) She weighs just 1lb. 6oz. and is doing as well as expected for a nearly 25 week baby. She is in the NICU at **** and Jim Bob said that she is getting world-class care here. They are just watching, waiting, and praying.

Michelle is still in recovery and Jim Bob has remained there with her. They hope that her condition will start improving over the next couple of days. Right now they have a peace and are so thankful for all who are praying. In addition to praying for Michelle and Baby Girl, please be praying for their other children as well. Many of the older children are on a mission trip to El Salvador right now and do not even know that the baby has been born yet.>>
beetkvass

Re : Michelle Duggar emergency c-section

Postby amandaoasis » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:10 am

I am so incredibly sad to hear this. I am hoping all good things for the Dugger family and their new little one.
amandaoasis

Postby beetkvass » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:19 am

I know. Things must have turned really fast. I just watched a clip of Michelle and Jim Bob on the 8th of December saying how well she was doing. They said she was going to stay in the hospital just a few more days and see if her BP kept going down. I am hoping the best for them as well!
beetkvass

Postby sarab » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:37 am

Thanks for keeping us updated, Marcella. As you both said, things went from "it's just her gallbladder" to downright nasty very quickly. I hope things go well for them.

Also, I did edit out the hospital name due to forum policy, realizing full well it will probably be all over the media soon anyway. :)
sarab
Site Admin

Postby annes » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:49 am

Sending lots of good vibes their way.
annes
Forum Moderator

Postby catherine » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:52 am

Michelle is being treated at the same hospital as I attended when I had Lucy so I'm confident that she and her new baby are receiving the best care possible. Hopefully, she'lll make a rapid recovery and her baby will progress well.
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby brockner1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:55 am

They'll be in my thoughts.
brockner1

Postby stacey0411 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:25 am

I'm so sad to hear this! Many prayers.
stacey0411

Postby missgamecock » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:34 am

I saw this on my June 05 babies board. Then went to People to check it out, then came here to see if it was due to pe. Amazing how this disease hits. I believe all of her babies have been born at full term except the first set of twins.

Sending many prayers. She sounds to be a good size for 25 weeks.
missgamecock

Postby season » Fri Dec 11, 2009 01:20 pm

I am so sorry to hear this - I hope for the best for mom and baby.

All the news articles I saw said that she was suffering from gallstones - I wondered if it was really pre-e - I wish the news would be more accurate.
season
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Misc