Michelle Duggar emergency c-section

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Re : Michelle Duggar emergency c-section

Postby hannahsmom » Fri Dec 11, 2009 03:00 pm

Oh, no....not good news but I'm glad they both pulled through. I hope she knows that she can come here for support. Many of us have walked in those shoes, and it's a long road. The family will be in my prayers.
hannahsmom

Postby mother bear » Fri Dec 11, 2009 06:05 pm

When I hear suspected gallstones and pre-e and very premature delivery in the same sentence, I usually think HELLP Syndrome?
mother bear

Postby kara » Fri Dec 11, 2009 06:16 pm

mother bear,
me too! Either very severe PE or HELLP. But with the pain one expects of gallstones and a 25 week delivery - it screams HELLP syndrome.
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby holiday » Fri Dec 11, 2009 07:51 pm

thats what I thought when I first heard she had high blood pressure/gall stone problems

I have thought about this all day. Just the thought of right now someone is going thru what I just went thru
holiday

Postby pennyg » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:19 pm

I came here to see if it was PE too. Keeping the Duggar family and especially baby Josie in my thoughts and prayers.
pennyg

Postby amaara » Sat Dec 12, 2009 02:13 am

Praying.

~~Amaara
amaara

Postby mnmom » Sat Dec 12, 2009 08:50 am

Marcella, thank you so much for the update. They are truly an incredible family. Many prayers.
mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby carjashaner » Sat Dec 12, 2009 09:17 am

I had to have my gall bladder removed, but they actually found my Pre-e first. My gall bladder actually made it until almost a year after baby was born before one final attack took me over the edge. My Pre-e was post partum, and quickly moved to wards HELLP, though I have never gotten a formal diagnosis of hellp, and am pretty sure I never will. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and with the baby.... I pray all goes well.
carjashaner

Postby mellybute » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:32 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with the Duggars. When People wrote it was gallstones, I had a sick feeling in my stomach. When I was in ICU and told them about my URQ pain, the first thing everyone said was it sounds like your Gallbladder. Well, then labs showed my liver & kidneys were out of whack! I wish the media would be more accurate.

I REALLY hope Michelle is okay! and baby too!
mellybute

Postby hannahsmom » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:49 am

I had my gallbladder removed last year. My mom had hers removed a couple of years ago. She had 7 babies, and the doctor could not believe she kept her gallbladder after all those years. She said the more babies you have, the more problems you will likely have with your gallbladder.
hannahsmom

PreviousNext

Return to Misc