Life after preeclampsia

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Re : Life after preeclampsia

Postby kbunsey » Thu Feb 04, 2010 09:14 pm

Y'know I really needed to come here today, poke around, visit all the different forums. I'm glad I came back after putting baby to bed and clicked on "Misc." I'm back at work a bit. Taking care of baby. Trying to keep up with house. Trying to keep up with everything. But I'm not taking such great care of and keeping up with me - and my "stuff" - a lot of which - most of which has to do with my Preeclampsia. And THANK YOU for the reminder - it was not my fault. It has been so long since I had to tell myself that over and over again - but it is time to revisit that mantra b/c somewhere along the recent way I seem to have forgotten that what happened to me was not my fault and was not something I did wrong or failed to do properly. Your post is so good - so spot on - helpful - needed. Thank you. XO
kbunsey

Postby sarab » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:31 am

Thank you, Alice, for your beautiful reminder. We've missed you!

And just look at this wonderful discussion you've touched off. Like Caryn, I am honored to work with such an amazing group.
sarab
Site Admin

Postby tree » Tue Feb 09, 2010 01:40 pm

Thanks Alice, Caryn, Audrey, and everyone else for posting these comments.
I met a woman in the local diaper shop yesterday who had a beautiful little girl. She was small, and her Mom and I started talking about preemies, then Pre-E, then HELLP. I haven't met anyone else (other than on the boards) who has been through this, and I was thinking about this post while we were chatting. I think we were both pretty rattled by meeting another HELLP survivor so randomly, and one of the first things that came up was guilt. This woman put a tremendous effort into doing everything right, bedrest, diet, etc, and the one of the first things we talked about was guilt. I feel so incredibly lucky to be part of this community, even though all of us probably wish we didn't meet this way. Thanks again for all that you do.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby wrennie » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:09 pm

Alice, great sentiments! I am happy to be here as apart of this community too. I couldnt have made it thru my loss or my second pregnancy with out these boards. That is amazing to me....truly great! Hope all is well across the pond! :)
wrennie

Previous

Return to Misc