Do you read Jodi Picoult?

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Do you read Jodi Picoult?

Postby hols537 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 08:18 am

I've been reading Second Glance and I kept thinking it sounded like the woman had PE and about halfway through, they actually mentioned it. They mentioned HELLP too. I haven't finished the book, so I don't know how much it will really play into the storyline (if at all), but thought I'd share...
hols537

Re : Do you read Jodi Picoult?

Postby misscoleyp » Fri Mar 05, 2010 08:53 am

I read My Sister's Keeper, but have heard her other books didn't compare. I'd be interested what others say about this book and what you think when you finish it.

misscoleyp

Postby angieb » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:03 pm

I really don't like Jodi Picoult's writing, but I might have to check it out, thanks!
angieb

Postby hols537 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:42 am

OK, I finally finished it. PE didn't end up playing into the story much at all (just sort of a side note). But, I did like the book. It didn't have the same "formula" to it that I've found in the other books I've read by her. It's a pretty complex story and the storytelling is done in a way that takes a while for you to see how it's all going to play together. So, it wasn't really a "beach read" but I liked it...I didn't expect the ending, which I appreciated too.
hols537

Return to Misc