Post Reply FAQ Members Login

tubal ligation?

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

tubal ligation?

Postby ijsmommy619 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 03:34 pm

by ijsmommy619 (2 Posts), Tue Jul 27, 2010 03:34 pm

I'm 21, and my son is 13mo. I'm honestly considering a tubal ligation because I'm TERRIFIED of what happened last year to happen ever again. I love being a mommy, and I loved being pregnant, but I my heart broke into about a couple million pieces while I watched my son endure what he had to to survive. Just want to know if anyone has any opinions on it, or if they've gotten one. I'm in the middle right now and have no idea which side to lean toward.

Any input would be appreciated!!
ijsmommy619

Re : tubal ligation?

Postby jend01 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 04:25 pm

by jend01 (375 Posts), Tue Jul 27, 2010 04:25 pm

Here is a current discussion, I'm not sure if I pasted it correctly or not, but it is in the pregnant again section.

I btw have decided without a doubt that I will be getting my tubes after we have another baby.

http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39947
jend01

Postby kara » Tue Jul 27, 2010 06:24 pm

by kara (6614 Posts), Tue Jul 27, 2010 06:24 pm

I went with an IUD for birth control - the Mirena is considered ever so slightly more effective then a tubal. And it's removable should you change your mind. It's been 4.5 years since our 2.5lber was born and the first couple of years we were absolutely against having another child. 4+ years later, we are considering having another child. Becoming educated and knowing my own personal risk factors allows us to make a mor logical decision, rather than letting straight fear make our decisions.

That said...we haven't made any decision, but we know we have the option. ;-) Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby jgrumet » Wed Jul 28, 2010 00:37 am

by jgrumet (520 Posts), Wed Jul 28, 2010 00:37 am

have your husband get snipped!

Haha...I went and took the classes for a tubal and chickened out at the last minute. My husband had a vasectomy a couple months ago.

We were sure we didn't want any more biological children and I hated being pregnant, so you should definitely not be hasty on this decision. You sound a lot different than me.
jgrumet

Postby jamilyn » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:59 am

by jamilyn (430 Posts), Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:59 am

Not sure if you saw the other topic about this or not. I had a tubal at 25 by my signature you can see my history. I knew I wouldn't be having anymore myself and if we had anymore then we could adopt or do foster care which we are now starting the process for foster care to adopt. My state didnt require a class for it or anything just a paper signed and in surgery I verified again that I wanted it but that was more the Peri making sure I was still wanting it since our son was stillborn. Even with all the research I dont see them telling me they can guarantee me 100% I won't get PE or HELLP again. I hope by the time my Son is old enough to be married and having kids they will be able to but I dont see it happening while I'm still young enough to have children. I had an IUD and it hurt so bad being put in (and i have a very high tolerence and after my c-sections have never taken any kind of pain killer or even tylenol) Im still planning on my husband getting snipped as well, just wanted to wait to make sure we didnt decide on surragacy.
Its a hard decision for anyone to make. Sorry you are in such a position.
jamilyn

Return to Misc