Living from cycle to cycle

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Re: Living from cycle to cycle

Postby riehlism » Tue Apr 19, 2011 03:44 pm

I was the same way when I lost my son. My husband was more reluctant to try immediately. He was still dealing with the trauma of almost losing me as well. So it took a while for him to become comfortable with it (6 months or so). I was on fertility friend daily, multiple times even. I even convinced my doctor to help me speed things up and gave me Clomid. After two empty cycles, I conceived on my own.

In hindsight, waiting for husband to get ready, and 3 cycles of trying was worth the wait. It really helped put things in perspective, properly deal with my grief (so that I was sure I didn't want a baby to replace the one I lost, but because I was truly ready), and to help my body physically heal from the ordeal. Living in the waiting period, however, was absolute torture.

I have to say, right when I gave up on temping, charting, cervical fluid hunting was when I got pregnant.
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox

Re: Living from cycle to cycle

Postby trish9 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 08:42 am

Christa I don't think that you are crazy at all. I think most of us that had a loss and want to try again probably feel like that. I have been obsessively thinking about TTC since about 6 or 7 months after our loss of Alexander, but I had to put a hold on everything until we got my kidney issues figured out. The time could not pass fast enough for me. Now that we have the green light though I am feeling really scared about what I could be facing. I am still 100% committed to trying, but the nerves are just kicking in. I wish none of us had to have so many fears about something that most women do everyday without problems!
Pre-eclampsia and HELLP at 23 weeks +2 days
My little love Alexander. Born and passed on January 3rd, 2010.
Underlying disorders: IgA nephropathy, chronic hypertension and Hashimoto's thyroiditis

Living from cycle to cycle

Postby cmccaffrey » Thu Apr 07, 2011 02:25 am

Yes, I know I am crazy... but I seriously feel as though I am just counting down till go time. I am supposed to get off coumadin in the upcoming weeks and all I can think about is TTC again. I feel like every day I am counting down until my next period because I will be that much closer to trying again. I honestly don't want to think about it any more, but it's become a type of neurosis that I just can't stop. Has anyone had this? I am almost ashamed of how much I obsess over becoming pregnant. If my some of my friends knew, I am sure they would try to commit me. I've already spoke to my therapist about this... apparently its not abnormal, but I just wish I could possibly focus my attention elsewhere because I am sure time would go by more quickly then.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story...

Return to “Misc”