Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Weight Loss Support Buddies, Spring!

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Weight Loss Support Buddies, Spring!

Postby junco » Tue Apr 19, 2011 02:38 pm

Welcome to weight loss buddies! If you want to lose weight to get back into shape, lose baby weight, get healthier, walk up a flight of stairs (hey, we all need to start somewhere), or get ready to TTC, this is the place to be! Sometime a little bit of support is a good thing. :D

Stop by in Tuesdays to check in with your current weight (you don't need to post your current weight if you don't want to), change from last week, goal weight, and anything else you feel like adding.

Join us anytime!
junco

Re: Weight Loss Support Buddies, Spring!

Postby junco » Tue Apr 19, 2011 02:41 pm

Okay, I'll start:

Current weight: I am honestly too ashamed to say. :oops:
Change from last week: +2
Goal weight: 120 (that's a normal BMI for someone of my height)
Anything else: I would love to start TTC in October, so I'm on the weight loss fast track!
junco

Postby rosalinda » Tue Apr 19, 2011 09:45 pm

Current weight: 118
Change from last week: +1 (darn)
Goal weight: 114, my pre-pregnancy weight, and if I go a couple of pounds below even better
Anything else: I've bought a couple of "lean cuisine" meals, they don't taste too bad (not sure they are that healthy)
but I'll give them a try for a couple of days. I'm hoping to reach my goal weight by mother's day.
-Elissa, January 2007: stillborn at 25 weeks, severe PE, IUGR, reverse-end diastolic flow
- Chronic hypertension as of November 2007
-missed miscarriage Feb 2009
- Ismael Jaden, June 2010, 36 wks, oligohydramnios & rising BP's, my wonderful little man & the love of my life
- Janelle, September 2011, 24wks, 3days. complete placental abruption & DIC, stillborn
rosalinda

Postby cmccaffrey » Wed Apr 20, 2011 03:35 pm

Current weight: 145 (size 4)
Change from last week: -3
Goal weight: 135 (I have a very muscular build, so anything under that and I will lose my periods)
Anything else: working out 7 days a week... yoga on monday, wednesday, friday, saturday, sunday and running on tuesday, thursdays and sundays... once I am off coumadin, I plan on doing a detox cleanse and starting the RICE diet.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Postby trish9 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 08:58 am

Hey Christa I'm on the RICE diet! My best friend's mom came across an article about it and sent it to me. It has done wonders for my BPs and kidney numbers. I'm a Ricer :D
Trish
Pre-eclampsia and HELLP at 23 weeks +2 days
My little love Alexander. Born and passed on January 3rd, 2010.
Underlying disorders: IgA nephropathy, chronic hypertension and Hashimoto's thyroiditis
trish9

Postby cmccaffrey » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:56 am

Trish! I haven't started it yet, but I heard great things about how it helps blood pressure and thought it would be a great start. Did you get a book on it or have you figured out your own recipes?
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

cmccaffrey

Postby trish9 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 05:27 pm

Christa,
I did buy the Rice diet book and the cookbook - I found a used copy on Amazon for a good price. The cookbook helped me to come up with some good variety. I also have a couple of vegetarian cooking sites that I log onto regularly for recipes. Since the Rice plan is basically a vegetarian plan, I've found a lot of good recipes online. The main thing that I have to watch when using the non-rice diet recipes is the salt content.
Trish
Pre-eclampsia and HELLP at 23 weeks +2 days
My little love Alexander. Born and passed on January 3rd, 2010.
Underlying disorders: IgA nephropathy, chronic hypertension and Hashimoto's thyroiditis
trish9

Postby flori » Mon May 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Hi everyone, may I join you?

I'll post my weight on Mondays if that's okay because I started on Monday.
LW: 200.4
TW: 195.8

Last week I started cutting sugar and most carbs out of my diet. I still eat things like beans, veggies, and nuts that have carbs but are higher in fiber. I have insulin resistance and my body really responds to a low carb diet. Dh and I also finally started walking again. We were actually walking almost daily while I was pregnant up until I got put on bedrest. After Gracie died we comforted ourselves with food and I ended up putting on over 10 pounds since March! :oops:

I looked into the RICE diet and I actually have some books saved to my Amazon cart. I think I will start it once I have lost a little weight and have a bit more discipline.
Flori, 30
Mommy to Gracie- born at 25 weeks 03/15/11, 11 inches, 1.1lbs, and absolutely beautiful. Became my sweet angel the next day.
flori

Postby tree » Mon May 02, 2011 11:22 pm

I am back on board as well. I joined Weight Watchers yesterday, and I hope that works. I didn't have much success without some structure to my eating plan.
Current weight: 159
Target weight: 135

Strategies for the week: Week 1 WW, and trying to get some exercise every day. I did a quick pilates workout yesterday and 45 mins on the elliptical today. I plan to do yoga tomorrow, walk wednesday, run thursday, and ski the weekend. I had a nasty respiratory bug last week that might alter my plans a little. Asthma is not fun when trying to exercise.

I haven't looked into the RICE diet, but it sounds interesting. I have been vegetarian most of my life, so I might try it if I can't deal with WW.
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby cmccaffrey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 07:41 pm

anyone know anything about Tennis Elbow. I think all my downward dogs from yoga might have killed my arm! In other news, I lost 2lbs and a whole dress size. I am kind of annoyed though because you would think I would have lost more weight than that. Oh well, I guess I will just have to keep at it.

How are you ladies doing?
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:

cmccaffrey

Next

Return to Misc