? for c-section moms: bring Boppy to hospital?

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

? for c-section moms: bring Boppy to hospital?

Postby sandy » Sun Feb 13, 2005 09:07 pm

I am optimistic that baby might get to come back to my room with me this time, and may actually breastfeed. This is all new to me.

I'll be having a repeat c-section. Assuming she is back in my room with me and does breastfeed, isn't it physically difficult to do so after having just had a c-section?

I remember from my last c-section, the goal after a day or so was to just sit up in bed for the first time, and then the day after I think the goal was to take a few steps walking around. I did have an i.v. in for a while (Mag Sulfate) so maybe that experience was different than this one will be...

How does one breastfeed a baby right after a c-section? Should I bring a boppy to the hospital? Would it help, having the boppy rest on my upper stomach so the baby isn't resting on my c-section scar, or will the baby be light enough that it won't matter? And do the nurses there just bring you the baby whenever the baby needs to eat and then puts her back?

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to superimposed severe PE/class III HELLP

Another Girl! Repeat C 2/28 at 37 weeks w/amnio to confirm lung maturity...or earlier if needed.
sandy

Return to Misc