Post Reply FAQ Members Login

reading through medical records

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

reading through medical records

Postby mom2tori » Wed Apr 27, 2005 08:59 am

by mom2tori (3842 Posts), Wed Apr 27, 2005 08:59 am

It seems that most of you here know all about what was going on with your body during your pregnancy and labs and such. Since I had Dominic when I was just 16 I didn't really pay attention to these things and even though I was diagnosed with severe preeclampsia I did not feel sick in the least. My mom has had the medical records of mine from that time for a while and I just started looking through them and can't believe some of the blood pressures, weight gain and labs. When admitted to the hospital bp was 165/104 and got as high as 172/118. That just amazes me! I did NOT feel sick!!! Over the 10 days I was hospitalized before Dominic was born it was common for me to gain 3-4 pounds overnight, no wonder I didn't fit on the scale anymore!!![:I] I am just reading through all of that and can't believe that I am still alive, and I can't believe I went through PE a second time with my daughter. I also was upset with some of the nurses notes like after Dominic had already died that I was "crying appropriatley" well that is good-I would hate to be inappropriate![}:)]Since not many people realize how serious this was and appreciate the fact that I am finally blessed with a daughter who is completely healthy with no problems I knew that I would get the understanding here. Thank you all for being so wonderful to each other and providing such a comforting place where it is next to impossible to feel alone. Thank you all.

Alissa mommy to:
Dominic 9/10/97-9/11/97 @ 28 weeks
Victoria 1/8/02 @ 30 weeks
mom2tori

Re : reading through medical records

Postby norlisa k » Thu Apr 28, 2005 07:39 am

by norlisa k (745 Posts), Thu Apr 28, 2005 07:39 am

Hi Alissa,

I'm glad that you found us, too. [;)]

So sorry to hear that you lost your son, Dominic, this nasty disease is so cruel.

You will find some wonderful women here, and you'll never be alone.

Love,
Norlisa

Norlisa(36), essential hypertension diagnosed before pregnancy, successfully treated with atenolol, NO preeclampsia antepartum. (post-partum preeclampsia)
DH, Gordon (38)
Joseph/Josephine Our Angel in Heaven (9/16/02)
Twins Mary Frances and Samuel (a.k.a. Frankie and Sammy) 38 2/7 weeks, 5/26/03
norlisa k

Return to Misc