Add me to the list...

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
akemt

Add me to the list...

Postby akemt » Wed May 11, 2005 05:31 pm

of those needing to lose an extra person! [;)]

I just read a book (minus the afterward, anyway...will get to that today) called "Running with Angels" and it so hit home that I even got up early, before dh left for work, and took myself on a walk around our loop. Anyway, the author was able to lose 100lbs in 15 months - and run a marathon. I'm not interested in a marathon, but some sports and keeping up with my kids would be nice - will have 2 walking soon! Not to mention simply "fitting" spaces and clothes better and losing some of the weight-related selfconsciousness. (Did I spell that right?) Oh to shop where the small people shop! I just hope that I can keep "climbing the ladder" even if I slip down a couple rungs here and there. *Saying a prayer that I can resist all the mother's day chocolate*

So, I guess I'm joining the club to gain some accountability. Feel free to email me should I not post my progress on the weekly weigh-in's. Not sure if I'm up to measuring, though! Anyone have a 30 ft tape? [:0]

How do you determine which goals are reasonable? Feeling like I should put it in writing but not sure what is appropriate or over-the-top.

Catherine (24), Moderator
DH Britton (28)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 wks PIH & Oligo
Lara Julianne (07/31/04) 38 wks PIH & gallbladder fun

Return to “Misc”